Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

mass under my armpit, no telling how long

User Profile
Hello,
I am 31 yo male, 5'10 and weight 202 lbs. I recently saw my PC about 2 months ago to check a mass under my armpit, right on top of the muscle. The lump is about 1/2 inch wide and almost 2 inches long, it is soft, not fixed in place, painless, doesn't protrude/isn't visible. I noticed it in early June, but there is no telling how long I have really had it as it as I had never checked for lumps before until that point. It doesn't appear to have changed in size. I've had severe anxiety about my health and I happened to be feeling around for anything unusual when I noticed it.
I recently had an endoscopy, they performed 8 biopsies which came back clear, just chronic gastritis so I have been on omeprazole for the last 2 months. I've also had a stiff neck for the last month on my right side, & bubbly/foamy urine for the past 2 months. My PC actually laughed when I asked if I needed a biopsy/MRI or CT, should I seek a 2nd opinion? I also have quite a few lipomas in my lower back.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2014
Lymphoma Answer A49295
Thank you for asking

I wonder why your primary physician laughed. Its a standard procedure to evaluate any lump out of place and proportion. With all the labs clear i am sure it is innocuous and maximum possibility is of some benign lump like lipoma. I suggest you seek another general surgeon and let them assess the lump and let them excise it for you if need be after evaluating it for cause and effect. There is no reason to laugh with out evaluation.

Anxiety is explainable but should not be overwhelming. Losing weight should be focus and modifying diet and lifestyle should be the rule to survive.

Visit our health centre for further guidance.

take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.