Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Marrying with Similar Blood Group.

I will be happy for any quick answer on, Male with O+ blood group shall marry with o+ blood group female?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper netamit1
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I am sorry, but this is a doctor question...Address it to Ask A Doctor at the top of this page...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2010
Community Volunteer
There is no need for you to marry a partner with the same blood type/grouping as yourself. Blood compatibility has nothing to do with relationship compatibility.

When looking at a blood type, it is not the letter you should be concerned about, but the Rh factor (the positive or negative sign after your blood type letter, example: O + or O-). A woman is at risk when she has a negative Rh factor (example: O-) and her partner has a positive Rh factor (example: O +). This combination can produce a child who is Rh positive. While the mother's and baby's blood systems are separate there are times when the blood from the baby can enter into the mother's system. This can cause the mother to create antibodies against the Rh factor, thus treating an Rh positive baby like an intruder in her body. If this happens the mother is said to be sensitized.

A sensitized mother's body will make antibodies. These antibodies will then attack an Rh positive baby's blood, causing it to breaking down the red blood cells of the baby and anemia will develop. In severe cases this hemolytic disease can cause illness, brain damage and even death.

So, as you can see, your blood type does not matter much, only your Rh factor. Hope this has helped.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Funny, the plus sign does not show up...
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
same blood group marrieage
i am going to marry with same blood group girl, there is no any problem for pregnancy and child. pls reply me
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
Hormones and blood type
my boyfriend is o+ and he gets more of a sexual response from someone with the same blood type as him than me because im b+. Is that true?
|

replied December 28th, 2011
hiiiiii
I will be happy for any quick answer on, Male with O+ blood group shall marry with o+ blood group female?
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Yes, you can marry the same blood type. There will be no problems
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Yes, you can marry the same blood type. There will be no problems
|

replied July 17th, 2012
Hi I have one question about blood group , my blood group A- nigative what's happened if I marry with diffrint group my think if O+ positive I can marry with this group ? please answer me if i can't what shall i do ?
|

replied August 13th, 2013
blood group compatibility
Is there any problem if an A+ male marry to an A+ female?
|

replied August 13th, 2013
Is there any problem if an A+ male marry to an A+ female?
|
Tags: female, male
Quick Reply