Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Maroon blood coming from rectum

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
When I go to the bathroom, I have maroon colored blood coming out, It has been on and off for about 1 1/2 years now. I have gone to the Army doctors MANY times about this. They took samples but said they couldn't find anything wrong. 60% of the time there is little to nothing. But 40% of the time there is little to TONS. By tons I mean enough to completely change the color of the water, and also coat the sides. I am afraid because I don't know whats wrong, and there is OBVIOUSLY something wrong. I am only aloud to go to army doctors right now and I don't know what to do. I have been in MULTIPLE times. Here are my symptoms. I am 23 years old, male, suffer from frequent heart burn that I take prescriptionn prylisec for. When blood comes out there is never any pain. I don't have any stomach pain either. I returned from iraq about 2 years ago and this has been happening pretty much ever since I have returned. I feel that its connected but idk how or why.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2010
Usually maroon colored blood is dried up blood where as if it was bright red it would be fresh blood. Have you asked for a colonscopy (spelled that wrong)? I have had fissures (small tears in the colon/rectum area) but the blood is always bright red. It could be stress related. Not sure if this helps at all tho Smile
|

replied February 5th, 2010
Wouldn't supprise me if it was stress related being im in the military and all but it still worries me. My main concern is if its deadly or not. No I havent had a colonscopy, the Army docters tell me theres nothing wrong. But a 23 year old male in peek physical condition should not be having that much blood coming out. No way I believe that this is normal, not a chance. When I use tolite paper the blood soaks through it before I can let go of it, theres THAT much.
|