Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

many small red dots in my pubic area

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
User Profile
I all, thank you in advance for reding this and helping me. I'm a straight male having sex with women(vaginal only). To catch you up on myslef Ive had 2 recent sexual partners... 1st was on Dec 17th (sex one time used protection for all but 5 seconds of intercourse). Second partner didn't use protection and had sex with them dec 30th, 31st, and jan 1st. On January 6th I noticed many small red dots in my pubic area and just a few on my shaft. (I'm trimmed in that area, not shaved) the spots don't itch and appear to be mostly growing from near a hair folical however I can't be 100 % sure for all of them. Some a raised a tiny bit but most appear to be flat or just slight raised. All of then are red or dark pink in color with some scattered together and some not (no real pattern)

It's now been 4 days and the spots appear to be drying up and fadeing away gradually. Ive read that people have similar symptoms with genital warts but wasn't sure if that's what I have because mine are starting to fade away after only 4-5 days? I've been using anti bactirial soap ever since the spots showed up and some neosporan the first 2 days (thought it might help with w/e I might have)

Is it possible for genital warts to appear and then dry out and fade away that quickly? Or do I have something else to worry about/or not worry about?

Thanks for helping..

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A30480
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the bumps on your penis. These can be due to irritated or infected hair follicles. This starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle.

In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph). Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.

Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics like Neosprin can be used after consulting a dermatologist. If the bumps become persistent then the possibilities of warts, herpes sores or benign skin growths is to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.