Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

manic cycles getting closer together

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
This is my first post on this site. I have been fighting bi polar depression for over five years. I am a 45 year old male, married and have three kids. I have been on several meds with little or no help. Currently I am on Depakote a drug used for epileptics. Currently the dose is 2000mg a day 500 mg over my normal. I am having problems controlling emotions right now I go from angry to crying in a span of less then an hour followed by laughter then a feeling of invincibility. I go from everything bothering me to not a care in the world. In the beginning of my diagnosis things were somewhat easy to manage the cycle of emotions and moods were not as drastic as they are now. I feel like I am losing control of everything right now. I find myself lying to my wife over stupid stuff, I can't seem to concentrate and stay focus on anything. At times I just want to hide until this all passes. I am currently between doctors due to my insurance and my provider not being able to come to terms with each other. So I lost my psychiatrist and my therapist and starting with new one now. Also the pastor of my church that I have gone to a few times has recently left our church for a new one. I have never had these sped up emotions before and I am having a hard time with it. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Did you find this post helpful?
|