Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Mania or God ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I wanted to ask some members of this forum if they have ever experienced mania like I have. I don't even like calling this mania, because it seems disrespectful to God. When I was supposedly manic, I felt God's presence whereever I went. Even some of my peers said that they sensed God around me. I also heard God speak to me during this time, which makes sence. As expected with God, I also felt as though Jesus was in God's presence, but was within me. I know this sounds delusional, but I still think it might have been real, because some other experiences in the past had physical proof. Just so you know, I didn't think I was Jesus or God. I believe I understood the experience as well as I possibly could. Can any one relate to this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mooks
|

replied January 24th, 2009
I can definately relate to this, you are not alone. And I feel so foolish when I consider that it might have just been an intense case of mania. It feels so real, no? Take bipolar symptoms into consideration, stay grounded and down to earth, but also respect your spirituality and the way you feel as well. Perhaps God made bipolar individuals the way they are for a reason. What were your past experiences and the physical proof?
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2011
i just went thru my 2nd bout w/ bi-polar in 19 years. knowing, yes God has something to do with it. the delusional side IS the opposite of good (God/Jesus). only have the devil left (evil). so yes God has touched us, but the devil still gets to decive us. i'm finishing my book, and hope to have it avalible by Xmas. nice to know god has not left us all alone... pc/b w/u
|

replied September 29th, 2012
I do think we are sspecial andd we are the way we are because we had it be...............it may sound something crazy to say but i make over usd 100 thousand a year annd i believe god is on this in the ccountr i live now i can sence more then ever aand things are movin forward, not god atack but i know it knows it got no place bipolar jajajajaja i am always high and all my employees know i got diagnos bipolar and they al trust me on my directions so be it..............bipolar is a previligous i think fasger than any humand been and who ever wants to tell me wrong try it out and i will for sure prove them wrong..............it is simple verybody else is crazy but us bipolar..................we are bless..............and forget medecine ii love bneing sblketo understandd god they way i do.
|

replied January 25th, 2009
very confusing experiences. you could say the mind caused some of them, like when a spirit compelled me to gnash my teeth, or make me smile in a demonic way (a kind of forced demon-like smile that almost hurt your mouth). I just figured where there is Heaven, there is also Hell.

anyway, the experience involved footsteps. i rem hearing something coming towards me at night and the following day seeing darkened imprints leading up to where i was, stopping as soon as i went inside. very strange. i think about this, and God alot. especially God since when i felt his presense, other people did as well. (doesn't this prove mania wrong).

my mom saw them and so did my step brother. i still feel troubled over this, but it helps my faith in a weird way.

i'm real confused about this and it makes me question whether i should take medicine.
|

User Profile
medication is the one thing most agree they dont want. i will not take meds (drugs) made by man (science)my body tells me they have no benifit to a longer lifespan. yet in the bible its written of everlasting life. yup we all will die,yet some in peace and some in torment.devil sents forth delusion,but the holyspirit in us will show us the truth.
|

replied January 25th, 2009
I think it would be wise to discuss your experiences and visions with a therapist and psychiatrist, they are trained professionals and will work with you to help you figure out if and what medication will help you best. It is good that your faith has been strengthened by those experiences. Do you pray? In times of difficulty, it is very comforting and grounding to pray to God. Like when you explained the painful demonic smile you had. That sounds very frightening and confusing, and it is helpful to always trust in God in times like that.
|

replied January 26th, 2009
Yes I pray. I cherish those times still. In God there is happiness. Now that I'm on medication, I am lethargic and unhappy. Shame my mom drugged me when I was high, bc if she didn't, that feeling I had might of lasted. If it was mania, it would of supposedly became delerious, but it didn't feel feel like mania, it felt like I was in God, close to God.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2011
don't do drugs...
if bipolar is a gift, (witch i have faith it is) then lethargic and unhappy can only to keep us with the dark side. as we have so called delusions and do things considered crazy, then has the other (devil) getting his do, have the father and son not made it clear about the gift of the holy spirit. that witch they have given to sooo many before us. i cant say god speaks to me BUT, i can say god puts thoughts into my head, and then shows me them playing out in the coarse of my day. anything of need i ask Jesus shows me through others to be the truth.. as it is written so it shall be; "on earth as it is in heaven" every morning now i just tell Satan no games today thru the holy spirit of Christ Jesus, and 90% of my days go w/god. when we can keep evil at bay, from deceiving our own minds we and the father and son win. our word has as much authority maybe more than we can except right now to stop evil from driving us nuts.
|

replied December 7th, 2011
bipolar and talking directly to God
I know this post is old but ive been searching for this subject online for a while! To make a nine year story short...I'm bipolar diagnosed in 2002 and everytime I'm "manic" I know I talm diretly to God and Jesus. I too can start my day with a thought question etc, and throughout that day all the answers are beautifully played out through nature, bilboards, radio, assing conversations, hearing gods voice, miracles and much more. Its like heaven on earth during my "episodes ". The devil does try his hardest during this time, I figure because I have a direct line to jesus, god and the heavens. I usually end up in a mental hospital somewhere far from my home. It gets scarry then! I've had mental hospitals try and confuse me so bad I forgot who I was! It has taken me years to figure out this horrible system for treating patients. But, the truth is I love being manic and experiencing life in a miraculous way. I don't think the average person can comprehend what bipolar people go thru because of the stigma that has gone with this subject. Doctors try and keep me (you) on meds only to subdue all these wonderful expierences from us. Bipolar people I believe are a chosen people who have an extra sensory, that most don't have. If I could just control the anger and, devilish mischief that also is there at times...life would be great.
|

replied December 29th, 2011
God or Mania
The thing is, only us (bipolar people) know what it is like; and when you try to explain it to the doctor, they do the usual nods, though the truth is, they just don't get it. When I was manic, I was told that I spoke in tongues and used sign language - anyone out there have anything similar? This was my first mania attack and although I remember nothing of this, i do remember being able to talk to a higher being/s.
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2012
nycegyr , let ur no! be no when it comes to the devil and his deceptions . he always gets us when we're not looking.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied January 29th, 2009
I believe that you have a special connection with God. Stay on your medication though, it will help keep you from crashing and burning. By working with a therapist, you can perhaps learn to harness your otherwise explosive or creative or mania (or whatever you want to call it) and find an appropriate outlet for it (such as running, kickboxing, painting, acting, art, poetry, writing, volunteer work ect.) If you are depressed, just keep working with your psychiatrist, family, friends, your relationship with yourself and just trust in God and what is happening to you in this period of your life. Things will get better. Professional help and time are the best healers. I hope you feel better and get your moodes more regulated and stable soon! Smile
|

replied February 13th, 2009
The one time I had mania, I felt like I was having a spiritual rebirth, an authentic spritual experience. I felt like everything was connected, and i felt like I had some sudden deeper connection to God or Jesus Christ.

Now, years later, I'm not sure what to make of it. I think I've returned to the same way I was before the experience, kind of an agnostic, but there's no denying that at the time, what I was feeling felt very, very, real.

I know that some of the things I was thinking during the mania really were delusions, but I really do wish I could feel whatever it was I felt again, that made me feel closer to God. I don't care if it was a delusion or not, it felt holy, in all seriousness, and I'll never deny that.
|

replied February 15th, 2009
Mania or God
That is good! At least that is my opinion. Do you go to church? Have you been seeking the anointing of Christ? Have you asked for the Spirit of Chist? Do you have gifts of the Spirit? If So, why do you ask such of a question
|

replied February 24th, 2009
It's real
I experienced the same. I am not religious but God touched me then and still does today but just with a lot less intensity. Many of the others you speak of who felt closer to God while you were in mania, probably did. They are completely aware of it, with much greater knowlege than us (bipolar). They will not share the extent of their knowlege to the open (I still haven't figured out why not). They may only make you feel more crazy if you dwell into it with them. Even with over 7 years of effective therapy, God makes his presence felt daily just much more subtle than full blown mania. Reading this, many of you will argue the therapies' effectiveness but I assure you professionals feel I'm doing just fine. I feel it is spiritual and has nothing to do with what religion you are. Doesn't matter you are christian, muslim, jewish, hindu etc. My experiences were with people of all religions and with those who had none. My advice is to keep your experiences to yourself. Sharing it openly may only cast judgement onto you. This is the first time I'm openly writing about this and it's with anonymity. As bad as the disease can be, consider it as a blessing and that God provided you a little peak into divinity. Till we learn more all I can suggest is to do the following. Do the right thing. Treat others well. And do the best you can. I figure that is all what can be expected from us. Finally, be sure to continue with your medication and therapy. Everything you've experienced will mean nothing if you don't have a straight head that you can reflect upon with.
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
wow this is really comforting. I have a husband who I am beginning to think has bipolar or manic something. Just because of his behaviors and voices and God.

He went on a 3 day journey walking with no shoes because God told him to have faith. I beleive in the power of the Lord and all his teachings but some part of me also thinks Daniel may be delusional. Its so hard to tell.

Daniel carries on a conversation with God all the time, its always him and God never just Daniel. What do you suggest?
|

User Profile
might i suggest that he read all that is in red in the bible, that's Jesus speaking, you may want to read it for yourself. you may see your husband clearer.everyone is possessed good/evil every day of our lives, the answer is to find witch spirit at witch moment is the gift or the delusion.i see God as trying through jesus to help us be Likeminded, and the devil doing a good job at making us nuts.
|

replied March 9th, 2009
It is GOD
I always knew it was God from the moment I started to say God was contacting me but as they saying goes "you contact God and they call you religious, God contacts you and they call you psychotic"

I have had miraculous experiences since then, out of body, involving other people. 100% Conviction. One time I went into a Hare Krishna book store and opened a book randomly just after I saw feeling very down because everyone was saying I am delusional. This is the quote from page it opened at when I looked down...

CC Adi 7.88: "'When one actually develops love of Godhead, he naturally sometimes cries, sometimes laughs, sometimes chants and sometimes runs here and there just like a madman.

I looked some more and saw this...

�A person engaged in the devotional service of the Lord in full K�ṣ�a consciousness automatically becomes carried away by ecstasy when he chants and hears the holy name of K�ṣ�a. His heart becomes slackened while chanting the holy name, he becomes almost like a madman, and he does not care for any outward social conventions. Thus sometimes he laughs, sometimes he weeps, sometimes he cries out very loudly, sometimes he sings, and sometimes he dances and forgets himself.�

CC Madhya 2.49: "Unalloyed love of K�ṣ�a is like an ocean of happiness. If someone gets one drop of it, the whole world can drown in that drop. It is not befitting to express such love of Godhead, yet a madman must speak. But even though he speaks, no one believes him."

1. No care for outward social conventions
2. Runs here and there like a madman lol
3. Sings, Dances
4. A madman must speak, but even though he speaks no one believes him

The soul experiences a rush of God and when it does the mind and body are affected, obvious. Sometimes you lose your mind when you find your soul, people can't see the soul, they can only judge from the mind and body. Ignore them. I know that the label of MANIC is just put on those people that have the destiny (karma) for contact with God and our bodies are predisposed to these experiences.

xxx
xx
x
|
Users who thank Rasabihariji for this post: Kerigale  Kerigale  Kerigale 

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2012
this is really great! i too felt very spiritual and was feeling electric shocks in my hands, feet, perineum, etc.

the problem is that we have to somehow control our heightened energy/sensitivity without appearing mad to the society.

this life is all a game. i think we become bipolar because we aren't living our true passion in life.

i even heard a voice tell me that my real name is Sri Aurobindo.
|
Users who thank user573088 for this post: 123shiv  123shiv  123shiv 

replied March 12th, 2009
what is it with the three day thing? My son said god told him to go on a three day walk in the mountains.
|

User Profile
in 3 days Jesus rose again, Jesus also spoke to priests at 10 years of age with knowledge that amazed the priests.
|

replied March 14th, 2009
my husband is bipolar 1 and he has the same thing happen he talked to Jesus and was told by jesus to go in our garden naked and run water over his feet
|

replied April 28th, 2011
In spiritual terms, Go away private, Come naked (totally
open) before God, ( not hiding anything.) and ask for cleansing from your sin's. (repent)
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey Irishone
This is a tough one to answer. The workings of the mind are very much like faith. The Mechanics can be somewhat vague and not everything allways adds up like you'd think.
For what it's worth nobody feels like they have mania. People with mania believe just as you did that they have forged a spiritual or supernatural connection that is uniquely thiers'. The feeling you are describing could only be diagnosed by a psychologis as Mania. Mania also tends to strongly influence people around you. It is not abnormal that friends or family members could believe they saw a greater spiritual presence in you during a manic episode.

There are many examples in the Bible and the accounts of Saints of people who the church believes God talked to. All of them accomplished great things for their faith. Most people with Mania are more inwardly focused. Did god give you any instructions to aid others did you have any great success in this end?

Most accounts of people who are talked to by god are predictive. God tells them of things that will happen. Most people who have Mania are interpretive. God tells them that things that have allready happened are his work. Do you recall a time when you were contacted by God where he revealed to you things that had not happened yet? Are they things that are not vague or subject to interpretation? Were dates or specific names given?

Most importantly continue to take your medication. God isn't a mental disorder. If you were genuinely infused with his presence no medication could change that. He would continue to communicate to you as often as he needed to if he had work for you to accomplish regardless of what neuromeds you were on. Mania untreated can be very dangerous to you, your loved ones and especially to your faith. Many heritics and appostates were believed to be people sufferring from Mania. The false belief that God was instructing them caused them to violate tennants of their faith and preach falsehoods.
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
l
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Here we go
Ok, wolf, I would just like to ask, have you ever had manic episodes? Have you ever been bi-polar? Have you ever had any kind of mental disability? You are correct in the fact that God isn't a mental disorder. But who are you to say that God doesnt speak to these people with the disorders? I am not saying that everything they do is because of God, because they are also afflicted with a disease from the ultimate deciever. The Lord never said that ALL Christians would live a life of bliss. Bipolar and manic are terms created by the rest of the world. Not to say that there definitions are not correct. But these scientific explanations/definitions do not tell the whole story. I believe that many people with illnesses have a divine purpose that is Given to them by God. I'm not saying that God is the one who gives them the illness, because he would never do that. But he may allow it to happen so that they can realize there annointing. Yes, some things that people with illnesses believe are interpretive, but not all. Just because you are annointed doesnt mean that God literally speaks out of the silence and says 'Jane, I have work for you to do today'. The Lord speaks in many different ways. And as far as talking with God, there are so many Christians that do it every day. God is not always going to have a check list of things that he is telling you to do for the good of mankind. He wants personal time with you as much as possible. Just because you are annointed, doesnt mean that you will be known by the millions on earth. It could be God's will for someone to live on the streets and lead a humble life. If they are not harming people or telling lies or doing things that object to the bible, you CANNOT say that they are dangerous OR that they are liars. I believe that there are ALSO many cases where these illnesses can be very harmful to the victims and the people around them.
|
Users who thank Hayleyo for this post: W0LF 

replied July 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Nope, I'm in perfect mental health, but I've worked with a lot of folks who would be classified as clinically delusional and dated a girl who experienced halucinations for a few years. I understand the perspective of people who are confronted with a reality that others don't share.

I don't mean to imply that people sufferring from mental disability and people that God talks to are mutually exclusive, just that people who experience reality differently must be cautious in what they accept. I do agree that God could certainly tell you do do things that aren't a benifit to others or provide you with information that is cryptic about events forthcoming. However Mania does not typically motivate people to interact with others or work to their benifit as God has done to so many biblical figures and saints. Mania cannot provide you with detailed information about future events. Only a devine entity is capably of knowing the future. I felt these would be useful benchmarks to help Irishone 21 determine if his experiences were undisputably divine. Unless his symptoms are clearly more than Mania he should certainly be cautious about preaching what he is told to others lest he commit apostasy or even heresey. And if he is told to do something that is a danger to himself, others or his faith he should absolutely be dubious of the message.
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Well definately I agree with you.
|

replied August 10th, 2009
Experienced User
I agree with ALL of the messages on this post Mania or God. This is the first time I've heard of some one else having similar experiences like with my ex-girlfriend. I'm really a religeous individual so at first I thought I was crazy and non of my friends would believe me. I have had feelings of a spirit that woke me up in the middle of the night at her house. She tells me that it's her deceased brother that comes around from time to time. I have experienced mind reading literally verbatim. And have had an instance where my ex girlfriend later repeated elements of a conversation between my mother and I, where my ex-girlfriend wasn't even around. Too, shas symptoms of varying degrees of emotions, racing thoughts, mood swings, she has trouble managing her diet and what she eats. She is vindictive, tells lies left and right, and when I told her once that her emotions were ALL over the place she got upset and yelled, "What do you think I need to be on Lithium!" so that was a clear indicator that she's bipolar. This has been the scariest event of my life. Personally I feel there's an evil spirit or demon about her.
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2009
Its possible that there is Jet fire. Are you a Christian? Is she? I'm not saying thats what it is, but its definately a possibility.
|
Quick Reply