Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Making myself physically ill ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
either i may be stressed and im making myself physically sick, and im totally going crazy, which is probably likely as lately i have super high anxiety, or something else, and its scaring me...

anyone have general anxiety disorder? or OCD? i dunno if thats causing this, but these are my symptoms i HOPE someone can relate!

ringing in my ears, stars in my eyes, pressure inside my head, terrible nightmares lately... i have headaches, and the pressure that I'm guessing i'm just thinking i feel... well my head hurts when i cough, like in a pressure bursting kinda way, same way when too much blood goes to my head (ie bending over sometimes also causes this) and the pain is on one side...

can i be MAKING myself physically ill because i'm stressing? I'm only 21 years old... im not overweight and my blood pressure is NORMAL! i'm telling u i feel like my body is crumbling, i feel like i ought to admit myself to the psych ward, because i'm not making my symptoms up and i FEEL like i'm actually sick!, but i don't have other neurological symptoms like numbness or seizures or double vision!!

PLEASE if you have a condition like this related to stress... give me some pointers, my school marks are deteriorating i'm afraid to be kicked out of university and i just wanna PULL MY SELF TOGETHER! i wanna be normal again!!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Experienced User
You don't need to be admitted unless you are a harm to yourself or others. It sounds to me like your brain might not be getting enough oxygen so do some heavy breathing. This might sound like a lot to do but try drinking a lot of water to cleanse the blood and give your brain oxygen. Also you should be getting 7-8 servings of fruits and vegitables, 5 servings of startch/grains, 2 servings of protein and 3 servings of milk EVERY DAY. Stress can be controlled and yes, you are dealing with stress. You need to keep talking and seeking support. Give the back of your neck a rub to the top of your skull. Rub your calves. See if that helps and come back if you notice a difference.
|

replied November 21st, 2009
i am in exactly the same boat. i'm 21, normal BP, healthy. but i suffer from anxiety and also have a panic disorder which i more-a-less have under control.
people seem to think im making it up but i say why would i want to make up that i think there is a big list of things wrong with me. i have been to hopsital the doctors n back all saying i haven't got any symtoms of the things i think i have. i've had ECG'S, reffered to a mental health unit to speak to a low intensity thearispist (sorry am not that good a spelling)
i hate being like this and don't want to be like this but untill the root of the problem is found it will just continue. i hope knowing that your not the only person who is suffering from the same as yourself can give u a little peace of mind like it has to me.
|

replied November 21st, 2009
hey thanks for the reply, I just recently went to the psychologist where I found out I have OCD, which is also an anxiety disorder. After going to my doctor she told me to go for massages, I don't know if there is a deeper rooted problem, but I figure I'll try and get my anxiety disorder under control, and see if the symptoms persist. Aparently stress can cause some unimaginable symptoms. Just think of a panic attack? its such a scary symptom but its pure stress and anxiety.

I don't know if shes right (my doctor) about it being all stress but considering I coincidently got diagnosed with OCD and anxiety disorder, I have to try and see if treating it will make the symptoms better.

I do feel better knowing you have similar symptoms though thank you for your reply

Mental disorders can really get out of hand, and I don't want mine to I want to get better, so I'll trust its that for now and if my anxiety gets reduced and I still have symptoms then I can know for sure.
|