Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Making body tingle at will (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hey guys,
Im new here and the reason i joined is because i want some feedback on an ability i have. Professional feedback would be great. I havee looked at google alot for an answer and could only find about 10 post in forums of people saying they can to the same thing. FYI I dont think im some sort of super hero or anything lol, i just want to know what exactly this is... I would explain it myself but I found a post in a forum that explained it way better than i ever could... Here is the post that I found...

"I am a newbie here and hope this is the correct place to post this. I would like some advice on an effect that I can make happen to my body that I have never been able to explain. I have been nervous about asking random people I know about this in the past, so don't have any advice from others so far. I hope I can explain this in a way that others understand me.

When I was fairly young (prepubescent) I discovered I can make my body "tingle" upon will. I am now 31 and still have no understanding of what this means. I have looked online and so far I haven't been able to find an explanation that felt right. Let me explain what I mean by tingle.

I can make my body "zip" with energy. It is difficult, but I can sometimes do this in only one section of my body, but the easiest method for me has to make my whole body do this at one time. It is mostly pleasurable, but almost so pleasurable it can almost feel like pain too. My entire body feels fused with energy or power. It could almost be explained as such a powerful state of ecstasy that it hurts. Most times I can only do it for a few moments before my body twitches or I "spasm". At times my eyelids have fluttered or a muscle has jumped. I almost feel as if it is such a state of extreme relaxation that my body can't handle it. My heart seems to be beating harder (though not necessarily faster) after I do this, or I am more aware of my heartbeat. My breathing will either stop during this or accelerate. It is almost always accelerated afterward until I make a conscience effort to slow it to normal. My brain seems to explode with energy too, although if I concentrate, I can suppress this as I can in any other part of my body. I usually feel somewhat drained afterward too. I can do this at will at any moment, lying, sitting, or even standing. Although if I am standing, my knees want to buckle and I don't seem to feel it as fully (maybe fear of falling). This "energy" has somewhat the same feeling as an adrenaline rush from being truly deeply scared, without the fear or somewhat of the tingles you get when a limb that has fallen is waking up and you bump it, except that I have control over when this happens.

I remember how this first happened. I had just read a book about a kid that had magnetic abilities and I attempted to "activate" these abilities in me. I was lying down trying to move something, but this feeling happened to me. I always feel as if I am on the verge of some great understanding, epiphany, or release. I have at times thought that maybe this was "psychic" or "telekinetic" ability coming to life, or the preamble to an out of body experience. I have even wondered if this is uncontrolled "chi" or some other form of similar energy."

If anyone could help explain please do so.....
PS: this guy was 31 and I am 19, but I still have felt it since i was prepubecent.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nicholas2012
|
Users who thank Jcb123 for this post: nothingbutthegoodstuff 

replied October 13th, 2010
I too have this same ability and have always wondered what it meant. The only clue I can give you is that I once was hooked up to an EKG machine for nothing that important and every time I did it my heart rate would go up and the nurse would come in.
|

replied June 8th, 2012
I am 14 Years old and I can do exactly the same thing and I often do it until I can`t bare it anymore. After that I somehow feel weak but I also have the feeling that I have to move.However I told my mother and she checked my heart beat while I did it and she said that it got very fast and somehow stronger. I would appriciate any kind of serious answer
|

replied November 2nd, 2012
young mind
Hello there we all share this power here. I am no doctor but a natural scientest who likes to experiment and so I find this as well. We are in control of our bodies and brains is all it is. What your doing is consintrating chi by focusing on the body or the mind. This means you were able to recognize this chemical change in the body and where smart enough to look into it with more focus. This is natural. Speaking for myself I love this power of mind because it allows me to put myself in a state of total control of my brain. I believe that you guys are somewhat geniouses and will be able to accomplish many goals in life if you start using this stratagy for gain in health wealth and happiness and not just to trip out. These are natural chemicals that you are able to release and or hold off in the body. Try this. With positive attitude put yourself into this state and start visualizing a goal or a dream or a healing force. You should work this knowing you are powerful and in control and that every step you take is right and is working to achieve positive effects. I personally use it to gain energy when I'm tired or to reach the universal ming of creation. Be creative trust in yourself, and always work for the better self and better for other.
|

replied October 26th, 2010
I wish someone had an answer besides an outter body experience mumbo jumbo. I too can do this n it's really bugging me. Is it harmful?
|

replied November 3rd, 2010
Chino37... I don't think it's harmful. I'm tired of the "spiritual" Answers myself. I wonder if medical insurance would cover a visit to the doctor to see what this could be.
|

replied December 31st, 2010
I can do this as well, I thought I was the only one because I never knew of a way to explain it. Just sitting here typing this I can do it at will. It seems like It's more intense if I just do it instead of trying to concentrate on doing it. It's odd because when I do it, my body language shows nothing. Other then my eyes slightly closing because of the relaxation. I've been able to do it for as long as I can remember. I've wondered if it was harmful so I don't do it very often. I can't say that I've experienced any rapid or heavy heart beating or any changes in my breathing though. When I do it, it's almost like every nerve in my body is being tickled. Not to sound perverted but it feels almost orgasmic when it occurs. If anyone finds out what this is, keep us updated. I'm interested to know and I'm sure a doctor would just look at us and say Riiighhhtt. Here's some prozac lol. I guess nobody understands unless they are capable of doing it.
|

replied June 6th, 2011
Oh wow, you hit the nail on the head man. I know precisely what you're talking about. Since I was just a kid I realized I could do that after a long session of closing my eyes and really focusing on my physicality so to speak. I can isolate it to certain areas or make it happen everywhere, as well I can vary it to that really intense point where your body starts to twitch or spasm. It feels as if you're firing off your own nervous system at will, kind of like you're sending the same signals to move your body, but without moving your body. I would really appreciate any scientific insight into this if anyone has any.
|

replied August 24th, 2011
I was sad to see that the posts ended and no scientific answers were given. I too assumed I was the only one but sure enough you've all explained it perfectly. If I couldnt do this myself I'd think you're all crazy. I'm a 26 year old male in great mental and emotional condition so I feel safe in concluding that most of us are far from crazy. This is a REAL physical (maybe mental?) ability and while it is perhaps useless, I'd still like to know how it works and what its potential is. can I use it to numb pain (never tried)? Could it potentially increase\decrease muscle function? It feels just like adrenalin so could I use it as such? I hope someone asks their doctor and comes back with an answer.
|

replied October 26th, 2011
Re:
Same thing, I'm only fifteen years old, but I've been able to do this for as long as I can remember... My "symptoms" sound almost exactly like those those listed in the top; my muscles relax to an extreme point and this rush of energy washes through me, causing me to tingle, quiver, and shake in various places... I've been really wanting to know what this is; I've seen all these metaphysical websites offering multiple explanations for it, but I don't believe in it. A medical reason would be nice...
|

replied November 19th, 2011
Hi guys, I have been able to do this since i started medicating a few years ago, i can make my body tingle within a few seconds. would also like a medical or spiritual answer to this.

My only explanation for this is maybe we found a muscle that contracts and effects our nervous system?
|

replied December 20th, 2011
I can do this too and the only other feeling I can associate it with is an adrenaline rush..every nerve ending tingles and I can focus it but it takes a lot of concentration, whole body is easy enough. I had a look on google as well and found this

I'm not too fussed about finding out what it is but I'd like to know if it has any use. The article mentions healing, which is interesting and I'll try that but if anyone else has found any uses for it I'd like to know.
|

replied February 11th, 2012
It is called(Hu'Gau'Shuu)and I will not discuss this ability at all and will never be taught or learned again in human history. It has no historic records or Trace of where it was started and was used as a form of dark and light magic ability that lead to chaos in the ancient times in other words it is a different form of chi energy that takes more then complete focus to even awaken.
|
Users who thank MasterZxin for this post: nothingbutthegoodstuff 

replied February 17th, 2012
I too have this ability, and my whole life i thought i was alone(not to sound creepy). i've been searching around the net and couldnt find anything on this and now i know im not alone. but just one question are guys the only ones who can do this? im a 17 year old guy and i didnt read anything about women with this ablity?

just thinking out loud
and if there are any out there, dont be afraid to post.
|

replied April 30th, 2012
i have done some research on the passage above, about
( Hu'Gau'Shuu )
i didn't get very far, except that i know it is associated with vietnam.
if ANYBODY knows more about this subject, PLEASE, share with the group. and also dont hesitate to do a little research yourselves, like a library for ancient things.
any help is wanted.
|

replied November 3rd, 2012
Hi, I'm a 39 yr old woman and I just recently discovered I can make my body tingle at will. It's intense and very pleasurable. The more I do it the more intense it is.
|

replied February 19th, 2012
i can control numb legs
I have also had the same feeling i am 31 also had it as long as i remember,i can only do it for a maybe a second and the feeling gets to intense to bear.Also when i do it,its in my legs, my knees also buckle but its too intense and i afraid of trying to attempt it longer who knows if it can hurt you.I can also do it any time i want.I personal thought that maybe its like i can access that part of my brain that controls adrenalin.OR can tap the spinal cord some how no idea thou.
|

replied February 19th, 2012
also is it only guys that can do this or is there girls that can?
|

replied March 5th, 2012
im a girl and i can do it too (:
|

Absolutely! I'm a woman and only recently discovered this ability.
|

Absolutely! I'm a woman and only recently discovered this ability.
|

replied February 25th, 2012
I am glad I am not the only one who can do this. I know I'm not crazy now..

I can make most parts of my body tingle, especially the appendages. It feels like a shot of adrenaline mixed with a shot of hypomania. Speaking of hypomania, I have a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder Type II. I wonder if this ability is perhaps related. Does anyone else share the same gift/affliction (the bipolar)?

Or perhaps it's a new evolutionary mechanism related to control over some primitive areas of the brain?

Very intriguing. I will ask my doctor when I see him this week and reference your brilliant description of the sensations.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
possible explanations
I have also always been able to do this for as long as i can remember and recently while studying anatomy and physiology two theories occured to me the first not as likely but it might be plausible and the second that this might have something to do with what is known as the all or nothing principle. With me it feels as if this "tingling" is resonating outward from the core of my body to its extremities. The only things that i could think of that move from the core to the extremities are blood and nerve impulses. my first theory would be we have an ability to contract at will certain muscles that are found all over the body around veins. These small muscles that surrond the veins expand and contract creating a pump like effect to return blood back to the heart. The muscles are always working and contracting but they are autonomic meaning we dont have the ability to control them or we dont have to think to control them (like the heart or muscles in digestive system). The ability to contract these muscles could explain the tingling all over the body and also the increased heart beat in order to deal with a possible influx of blood coming into the heart. The "pain" could be a result of blood building up in sections of the veins due to the simultaneous contraction of these muscles blocking off the flow of blood. my second theory which i find more plausible has to do with the all or nothing principle. motor neurons carrying nerve impulses travel from the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) to all parts of the body. The all or nothing principle states that a nerve impulses will not cause muscles fibres to contract until it reaches a certain threshold then causing all fibres inside that motor unit (the fibres which are effected by each single motor neuron) to contract. i propose that we can send low threshold nerve impulses to our body (giving that zip of energy feeling). The quivering or spasms is explained when some of these impulses reach the threshold needed to make the muscles fibres contract. i find that i can fling my arms and legs out very quickly when i am experiencing this feeling of tingling throughout my body and this could be explained by the readiness of the muscles to contract, they just have recieved a strong enough imulses to make them do so. the pain would then be a result of a causing some muscles to contract maximally for a sustained period of time (kinda like a mini cramp)

these are only my ideas and i am in no way saying they are correct, a doctor or exersice physiologist would probably tell you these theories could not be true but i thought i would have a stab because no one else seems to know anything.
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Body tingling at will
I had been able to do that in between my eyes since I could remember, and recently I can put it pretty much anywhere in my body just not all at once. I always thought that I had some kind of supernatural power because when I ask people if they could do it too I get weird looks. Are we becoming more highly developed beings? I hope so...
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Im so relieved that i found this discussion. I have been able to do it as long as i can remember as well. Im female 28 years old. I googled as many different ways as i could to find this discussion. I thought I was a freak as well. Has anyone here been diagnosed with fibromyalgia or an autoimmune disease?
|

replied June 24th, 2012
It could be neurological. It could also be an ability to release small amounts of adrenalin. The reason I say that is because when I perform the act I generally aquire the sensation at the base of my skull followed by a brief spike in thought process. Its only when I concentrate on the idea of expanding that I aquire the ability to gain the same sensations all over. But listen... Dont take my word for it. Its only an idea of what it may and or might be. Remember. We are a race. We only know what doctors and scientists tell us what we know. Its our jobs to aquire greater knowledge as a whole.
|

replied June 24th, 2012
It could be neurological. It could also be an ability to release small amounts of adrenalin. The reason I say that is because when I perform the act I generally aquire the sensation at the base of my skull followed by a brief spike in thought process. Its only when I concentrate on the idea of expanding that I aquire the ability to gain the same sensations all over. But listen... Dont take my word for it. Its only an idea of what it may and or might be. Remember. We are a race. We only know what doctors and scientists tell us what we know. Its our jobs to aquire greater knowledge as a whole.
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
I've been able to do the same thing since I was a child. Not so much in my entire body however. I seem to be able to control how intense the tingling is, kind of like turning the dimer switch on a light. The tingling however is mostly in my legs and a bit in my lower abdomen. When I focus and do "it" I can make the tingling so intense that it becomes hard to walk afterwards. In fact, I just tried to do it as hard as I could just now and my entire body started to shake. I also get the tachycardia, or rapid heart beat, from it. However as soon as I release myself from "it" my heartbeat goes back to normal. I've wondered what the significance of this ability was for years. I'm 23 now and I've been able to do it since I was 12. Just recently I had a spark of insight. An Aunt of mine is currently practicing Reiki, a form of spiritual focusing based on the manipulation of pure energy. She is on the third or fourth level now and will be a master soon. She told me that Reiki can be channeled from one person to another and in essence was the transfer of energy from person to person. What really caught my attention though was what she said about how you can tell when you are receiving Reiki from another person. She told me you can feel a tingling, specifically in your legs, as the energy enters your body. Talk about an epiphany. Keep in mind I have never told anyone about this ability I have. So, as far as I can tell, it would seem that people who can do the same thing I can are people who can collect energy from their environment and focus it within their bodies. I have yet to do any research on Reiki but from what I have heard some people are born with a natural gift to manipulate energy. Perhaps this is what we are able to do. Another point that piques my curiosity about Reiki is it can be used as a form of healing. I don't know about anyone else but when I do "it" I feel extremely relaxed afterwards. I've even been able to cure really bad headaches I've had. Reiki, check it out guys.
|