Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

major hunger pains

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
For the past 3 days I have had the worst hunger pains ever. It is so painful that it wakes me up every 4 hours with surges of sharp pain. I can eat two crackers and they will go away for the time being but they come back again 2 hours later. If I suffer with the pain for about 30min they go away totally until I eat agian. I feel my stomach twisting like your ringing out a rag. I eat little bits all the time so I don't have a problem during the day but I havent had any sleep. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
A gnawing or burning pain in the abdomen between the breastbone and the navel, that occurs between meals, while sleeping and in the early hours of the morning, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours, and gets better when consuming food is caharcteristic for duodenal ulcer.
The same quality of pain that appears when the food is consumed and soon after finishing the meal is characteristic for gastritis (stomach wall inflammation) or stomach ulcer.

See a gastroenterologist!
|
Did you find this post helpful?