Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

maintain erection but cannot climax

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have recently developed the problem of not being able to climax. I easily get and erection when with my girlfriend and am able to maintain it for extended periods of sex. However, I have no sensation in my penis that brings excitement or even the potential to orgasm. We are very concerned as to what could be causing this. I have had a cold for the past week and been taking cold medicine also. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this topic?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile rooted
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2008
Supporter
Are you able to ejaculate and/or experience an orgasm while masturbating?

How old are you?
|

replied September 3rd, 2008
maintain erection but cannot climax
I am not able to ejaculate or reach orgasm. I am not experiencing any sensation. I am 31. I am hoping it is because I have been sick and has something to do with taking vitamins and medicine?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2008
Supporter
To rule out that a physical cause first you may want to consider seeing a urologist ...and then consider seeking help from a sex therapist if the urologist rules out any disorder. Drugs, prescription or otherwise, can inhibit orgasm. I'd suggest that you seek a medical opinion first, and then consider psychological issues.
|