Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

main cause of lung cancer???

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
hello guys!!!
how are you all? what you think is the main cause for lung cancer? share your views...
thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 11th, 2010
Experienced User
Smoking, exposure to fiberglass in factories, inhaling harmful chemicals....really there is so much pollution anymore you could probably get it just breathing now. It is scary.

My grandpa was just diagnosed with Stage 3 B. He was a smoker for many years plus worked in a factory making wooden handles for shovels and rakes which the wood would have chemicals.
|

replied November 12th, 2010
Experienced User
oh thats sad...but if a person smokes cigarette less then 10 cigarettes...can that cause cancer??
|

replied November 12th, 2010
Experienced User
Every toxin you put in your body no matter how small the amount increases your risks for certain cancers. Anything inhaled that is considered toxic such as the chemicals in cigarettes (and many other things) will increase risk of lung cancer as it goes straight to the lungs when you inhale it. I only smoked maybe 20 in my life probably less than that but the Dr told me even 1 exposes you to chemicals. Problem is that second and third hand smoke can also expose people to the harmful toxic chemicals and increase risk of cancers.
|

replied November 13th, 2010
Experienced User
so how can a person can stop smoking at once???
|

replied November 13th, 2010
Experienced User
Its a matter of mind over matter and training your brain to not need the smoking but it isn't easy. Some find it easier than others. My dad quit no problem however my mom is having troubles quitting.
|
Quick Reply