Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

lymphocyte and monocyte are below normal range

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
i had CBC test 2 days ago and my wbc was 11.5 .lymphocyte and monocyte also are below normal range; monocyte 1% and lymphocte 13% and n.segment is 85%. Should I be concerned about these numbers, and could this be an indicator of leukemia?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2011
Blood Disorders Answer A29093
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The cause of your low lymphocyte counts, could be due to differential elevation of the neutrophil segment and this could be due to a recent or current underlying infection ( Possibly due to the the persistent sorethroat).

The blood counts mentioned do not indicate any leukaemia or lymphoma.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.