Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Lymph Nodes and Breast Lump

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I recently had an enlarged lymph node removed from under my left arm. Now I have another one as well as a lump in my left breast. When I went to see the surgeon he said many of my lymph nodes on my right side were I recently had the one removed on my right side were "bulky" but not as bulky as the one they are now concerned about. I am to return for a new mammo and ultrasound on the 1st. Any concerns I should be worried about? Anything I could be doing which might contribute to this as far as dietary, etc? Have been treated with antibiotics in case this is infection related? Scared and need some reassurance or at least a path of progression.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The lymph nodes usually get enlarged due to infection, inflammation, infiltration. Consider going ahead with your mammogram scan and also consider getting a biopsy done to look that cellular composition of the lymph node swelling. Further treatment measures would be suggested based on examination findings and investigations results to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2012
Experienced User
Very nice information Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul . It is easy and every body must consult with their doctor for such kind of related issues.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
Experienced User
Lymph nodes get enlarged by one thing and that is underwire and push-up bras as they cut off the lymphatic system & mammary glands and also the blood circulatory system. The next place it would block off, is nodes in your arm pit. This is why they swell up. You should be wearing full cup size bras and no underwire.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.