Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Lymph node problems after mono

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I had mono the summer of 2006. I did not have the full symptoms. I experienced a little fatigue but I was working two jobs at the time-that's all. My right tonsil and lymph nodes in neck were swollen. The doctor never checked the rest of my lymph nodes throughout my body. My tonsil never went down and my neck lymph nodes remain swollen. Since then I have gone to the doctor twice. I was put on antibiotics and that did nothing about 8 months ago. More recently I have realized my lymph nodes in groin, back of neck and arm pits are also swollen. My chiropractor put me on detoxification pills to clear out my lymph system. It seemed to help slightly at first, but my lymph nodes went right back to the original swollen size as before soon after the meds were done. This has been going on for over two years. I have no other noticeable symptoms. I feel I might be more tired than usual but I am a college student and have a part-time job. I also have a bad immune system and am sick very often. The lymph nodes are not painful and are hard. I have cystic breast tissue
and have thought they swollen lymph nodes might be cysts. I need to go to doctor and get more tests but insurance issues arise so I would like feedback to know what to look for. Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2009
I relapse with mono last may of 2008, I feeling better or much better than I did last year. However my lymph nodes don't seem to be going down. I have good days and some bad. I read somewhere that it could take several weeks to months the lymph system to get back to normal. My lymph nodes are swollen in my groin, next and chest. I've had just about every test done under the sun but everything is negative.
|

replied February 11th, 2011
The virus can stay in the body and keep causing problems. My uncle is homeopathy doctor and he was the first to tell me I was battling a Virus even before the full blown mono systems showed up. According to him.. the viruses are always there.. its only when we are weak that they affect us. So the cure in homeopathy is to strengthen the body to fight the virus. Try to find a homeopathy doctor or a Chinese medicene doctor.

Keep your environment very clean. Eat healthy food with lots of greens very little fat.. Find out about immune boosting foods and add them to your regular diet. You can beat it. A good massage is also very helpful. After my fever reduced.. I still had painful nodes.. a good massage really helped.. I also added ginger and pepper to my regular diet.. used them in place for green chillies. had ginger tea.. Turmeric is also very useful.. just add a pinch or two to any vegetable or beans you are cooking.. also look into keeping your spleen healthy.. next your liver and kidnery.. you can beat it.. Smile
|