Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Lymph node on collar bone

Just to update every one (I posted a while back), I've been undergoing testing because of some swollen lymph nodes on my collar bone.

Due to my work schedule, (I'm a 911 operator, I get to save lives everyday it's a wonderful job!) I've had to delay some of my doctor appointments.

My doctor seems to be more concerned than I am, but I think that's just because I'm in denial, and don't want to be cut upon. I have two swollen lymph nodes on my right clavicle, and recently during the follow up after the antibiotics didn't work, my doctor found two more rock hard lymph nodes rather large about golf ball sized below my right ear (they're growing more inwards than outwards, still yet how do I not notice that?!?!). After weeks of being on antibiotics so strong they made my bones hurt (literally), blood work seemingly coming back good, and a chest x-ray that didn't show anything abnormal, my doctor recommended that I have a CT scan.

I've never had high blood pressure until recently, I've always had moderately good to somewhat low, and now it's in the 140-200 range, everything I've read though, indicates that you should have low blood pressure if it's lymphoma correct? Or is it a case by case basis. I have been having a little bit of a chest pain every now and again, but I eat unhealthily sometimes and get heart burn, so I think that's probably what caused it, or the constantly high blood pressure. Either or or a combination of both.

I'm just kinda worried, but not concentrating on it. I've been losing a little weight, but I think that's just because I'm always working constantly, and getting food or eating regularly in my line of work is difficult.

My boyfriend complains that I sweat a lot at night, and that I'm like a radiator. Razz Ewww... gross I know.

But I've always been healthy, and active. So, how could something like this happen to me? And, what if my doctor is scaring me without merit? I know that I have a reason to be concerned, but I can't bring myself to accept that there's anything wrong. I'm 21, and I know that age has something to do with it, but what types of lymphoma are more common in adults my age?

Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 14th, 2009
It does sound concerning but at the same time it maybe nothing at all. Many people have enlarged lymph nodes that are not dangerous. Anyways, the best thing you can do is have the test that the Doctor recommends so you can be in the clear. And even if you do have Lymphoma (I hope you don't) its very curable. Its one of the most curable cancers out there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?