Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Lung Pain or chest muscles?

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
For the past 5 Months I have been having a chest pain on my left side, which sometimes goes into my upper back (I feel like it is in my lungs). Around the same time I started to feel this pain I started to lift some weights and exercise to get into shape so at first I just thought that this was caused by muscle pains. But I have stop the exercising for a bit to see if the pain would go away but it is still there.
I do not feel this pain all the time, it is an off and on pain. and sometimes it is in the morning and some times it is at night. I feel that the pain is coming from my left lung. I notice the pain slightly with I breath in but I notice it lot more when I reach my arms out or twist my upper torso. When I twist my upper torso I can also feel the pain in my upper back. It almost feels like a stabbing pain at with the reaching or the twisting. When I am feeling this pain I feel the need to cough and this coughing hurts but when I do cough I bring up Flem and it gives some relief. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this can be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|