Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Lung Cancer

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
My grandma is 82 years old and is recently diagnosed with lung cancer. The MRI report suggested a left lung carcinoma, mass in left peripheral region with partial collapse of the left lung. Left pleural effusion. Nonenhancing focal lesion in D10 vertrebral body-less likely to be a metastasis. No evidence of brain, liver, and suprarenal metastasis. Right renal cortical cysts. The oncologist is suggesting to start chemotherapy at a minimal strength. My family is concerned of her age and how her quality of life will be.
I wanted to seek advice, if there are any other options for her. I heard of proton therapy, how would that be pertinent in her case. Also, would surgery be a viable option if it hasn't metastasized ?
your advice would be appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|