Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lumps on the legs and enlarged Lymph Nodes

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
My question is. Is there anything you can think of that wouldbe causing this, I have had my thyroid checked. I hve to currently seek care in German hospitals due to us being stationed here. I have read alot about soft tissue cancers. Is there anything besides a soft tissue cancer that you can think it would be. So i can bring it to the attention of the Dr's cause with the language difference it is very hard to communicate. So I have been taking in ideas that I have printed off to them. I just need answers...and I am having a hard time gettting them.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2008
Cancers Answer A3945
Enlarged lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy) generally can be due to infection, malignant tumor or an autoimmune disorder. There are several diagnostic procedures used to determine the cause of lymphadenopathy:
1. Patient’s questioning (anamnesis);
2. Clinical examination (inspection, palpation,…);
3. Blood tests (blood count, sedimentation rate, CRP, liver status, kidney status,…);
4. Specific serological tests for infective diseases (tuberculosis, brucellosis, mono, HIV, toxoplasmosis…);
5. Specific serological tests for autoimmune diseases;
6. Imaging procedures (X-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI);
7. Lymph node biopsy.
The first 3 diagnostic steps are standard while the further diagnostic steps depends upon the results of the previous examinations.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.