Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

lumps on breast and lymph nodes swollen

I went to my obgyn b/c I discovered a lump right under my right nipple. It had only been there a week when I went. They sent me straight to ultra sound and they found 2 solid mass and they where about 1cm a piece in size. The tech said they were smooth(probably not cancerous)but they would send them off to be looked at. After that my doctor got delayed in surgery and I did not get to speak with him. That night when I got home I felt really tired and went to bed early. The next morning I noticed alot of my lymph nodes were swollen(1 right side of trachea 1 in the back of neck my right breast is swollen and I think that was lymph nodes which caused me to discover the lumps in my breast under my rib cage in my back hurts really bad and I learned there are lymph nodes there and also lymph nodes on the left side of my groin.) also I have headaches right above eyebrows and Im not one to ever have headaches,very, very tired ,nauseated. Whats weird is the lymph nodes dont stay swollen all the time and symptoms come and go. I almost feel flu like. Does any one have any suggestions that may help me or my doctor figure out what is going on>
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2010
Lymphoma typically causes painless (and progressive) enlargement of one or more lymph nodes. On the other hand, tender, painful lymph nodes are almost always caused by infection or inflammation.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide a specific diagnosis over the Internet to patients with concerns regarding enlarged lymph nodes. Therefore, my advice is for you to see your doctor for an examination.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.