Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lumps on back of leg

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
On the back of my left leg i have had rapid growth of multiple lumps under the skin in the past year. It started on upper thigh and moved down the leg to the calf. The lumps are covered with a scar-like tissue and purple, red color (almost like a bruise) around each lump. In the calf where new lumps are forming it is dimpling in the muscle. I also am having swelling in that leg. Concerned at the rapid progression of this in the past few months.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I think you may have impaired venous function of your leg manifested as varicose veins.
They are gnarled, enlarged superficial veins, with dark purple or blue color, appearing as twisted and bulging veins, often like cords on the legs, located from the groin to the ankle.
You may have achy, heavy feeling in your legs, worsened pain after prolonged sitting, standing or walking, with lower leg swelling, blue shiny skin discoloration near the affected veins, and irregular scar-like patches located at the ankles.
Having a varicose veins is a risk factor for venous thrombosis.

See your physician!
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
I have seen severe vericose veins my step mother has them pretty badly and has injections on them. But this looks nothing like that. It is actual small lumps some are roundish and seperate but alot of them have almost become a big mass of lumps. The dimpled effect on the calf muscle, to describe it better it is more like a huge dent in the muscle. I didn't have that dent until the lumps appeared in that area. It spread down to the calf quickly, less than a 3 month time span. The skin that is directly over the lump or mass is lighter than my skin color and is kinda like a scar covering it, and around the lump is the bruised like color. There is a disctinct difference as to the skin over the lump and to the skin around it. Not sure if this helps describe the appearance better.
|