Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

lumps in upper and lower eyelid

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
my 3 year old daughter has hard lumps INSIDE of her upper and lower eyelid on her left eye. I can see it if her eye i closed or open. it doesn't hurt, it's not red nor is it itchy, it doesn't water. she's had this sense she was around 1 1/2, 2 years old. I asked the doctor and he said her eye was a little larger, not to worry. that was about a 1 1/2 ago. it is now twice the size and it's not her eye it's her upper and lower eyelid. does anyone have any idea what this could be?

i do have an appointment this up coming week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
lys,

Most bumps on the eyelid are styes. However, these are usually red and tender. There are other causes of bumps on the eyelids, these include:

Papillomas -- pink or skin-colored bumps. They are harmless, but can slowly grow, affect your vision, or bother you for cosmetic reasons. If so, they can be surgically removed.

Cysts -- small fluid-filled sacs that can affect your vision.

Xanthelasma -- raised yellow patches on your eyelids that can happen with age. These are harmless, although they are occasionally a sign of high cholesterol.

You should be sure that the physician actually takes a look at the bumps. If he/she does not have an explanation to your liking, you might want to have your daughter examined by a pediatric ophthalmologist.

Good luck.
|

replied July 24th, 2011
thank you! i looked up images.. it reminds me of ptosis or a cysts. Her eye works fine. I'm going to take her to an pediatric ophthalmologist.
|
Tags: lumps, sense, itchy
Quick Reply