Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

lumps in neck and groin

hey well ive had these swollen lymph nodes in my neck on the side behind my ear and about half way down my neck on both sides. both are soft and moveable no pain and both are in exactly the same place on both sides. ive also noticed that i can feel lymph nodes in my groin, but i am a very skinny guy, 6 foot tall only 60 kilos (recently went to 57 for no reason at all). i went to the doctors he had a tiny feel like basically just touching my neck not actually "feeling" them. i was just wanting to know is it normal to feel a few lymph nodes? oh and btw they are all tiny like 1cm or smaller. also im getting a ct scan on my brain tomorrow because of other complications doctors thinking menieres disease or a mini stroke (only 18 aswell) just wondering would lymphoma/leukemia show up on a brain scan or not?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2010
Lymphoma typically causes painless (and progressive) enlargement of one or more lymph nodes. On the other hand, tender, painful lymph nodes are almost always caused by infection or inflammation.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide a specific diagnosis over the Internet to patients with concerns regarding enlarged lymph nodes. Therefore, my advice is for you to see your doctor for an examination.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.