Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Lumps all over body

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Ive been getting lumps, almost like welts, randomly all over my body. Arms, Legs, Lower Back, Etc... They are NOT red, they are NOT itchy, and they are NOT full of puss or blood. They are some what solid, they are the same color of my skin and they are very painful. I have no idea what they are or why they keep appearing. Can anyone help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Sounds like bed bugs! I had similar condition as did my spouse. Mine was worse than hers. I thought we were having an allergic reaction to the detergent used to wash the sheets. Then we found one of them. If I'm correct about the bugs, you will need to throw away your mattress. Make sure the bugs are not in the bed itself ... look in the creases and corners of the wood. We bought a new matress and wrapped it in plastic. Haven't seen a bug or gotten a bite since.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I don't think you have bed bug bites because those are not painful, but are usually red and often extremely itchy. Yours are painful and not red or itchy.

You should see a doctor about these bumps, however. Something like this is really difficult to diagnose without actually seeing it. Don't put off going to the doctor. This needs to be looked at.
|

I did not claim to be a doctor or that I could accurately diagnose the condition. That's what "sounds like" means ... it's a guess. Check for bed bugs and rule them out. The color those bumps appear depend on the color of your skin. Whether they are painful or not, or itch or not, is totally a function of how the individual perceives pain and itch. For example, mine were neither red, no painful, but they did itch a little. My wife felt no itch or pain ... she just saw bumps. Body, arms, legs, back ... that is where the suckers bit us. My advice was simply to check for bugs so as to rule them either in or out. If you're just gonna go see the doctor, do it ... what's the point in posting unless you're just checking to see if someone else may have had a similar experience. That's the purpose of the board I assume.
|
Quick Reply