Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Lumpiness in left testicle

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
When i was younger i felt almost like lumpy tubes in my scrotum by the left testicle. Now I am an older teen and it has seemed to grow a little bigger. It does not hurt or anything but my left testicle just looks bigger than my right because of all the "lumpy tubes". I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.....Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper abcde12345
|

replied June 22nd, 2008
;o
I'm only 18 but yes my left testicle has little things around it.
Mine's actually on the top and like a mini one on the bottom, but they've been there a while and i've had to be felt by the doctor due to other issues down there.
I don't think you have anything to be worried about if so visit the local GP.

But like i said i have something to the north of my left testicle which has no pain but feels like a small little box thing, i can't describe how it feels! Surprised

but i don't think it's a problem i think it's normal.
sorry i can't be much help.
|

replied August 21st, 2008
thanks a ton
ive been freaking out about something similar on my left testicle and thought it was like cancer or something. il still probably have it checked next time i go to the doctor but its good that i dont have to worry about it.
thanks!
|

replied December 23rd, 2008
Left testicle
I'm 14, and I have very large veins aboove my left testicle but do not hurt. My left testicle also has relativley big veins behind it when they're not tight. I sometimes get achy feels (but not very often). My left testicle drops down alot further than my right one and like i said, it's very veiny, and i can't feel alot of my left testicle sometimes because of all the veins, but then sometimes i can, but the veins are still there.

Sorry for bad explanation!

I'm really frightened to do anything with my gf because of this incase she sees, also afraid of what may be infertitlity - i don't know

Thanks
|

replied December 26th, 2008
Yes, i have this same problem, its called vericose veins, feels/looks like a bag of worms..look at my above post maybe there is treatment.
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Same issue
I am 27 and had this prob since a young teenager it's never hurt and I had my balls checked by a doc who said it was normal. Sometimes the left bollock is very veiny sometimes it's normal - you can usually see veins more after a bath.

Don't worry if you want piece of mind visit your gp who will av a feel and put your mind at rest - they see balls all the time so don't be embarrassed guys...
|

replied September 15th, 2009
Lumps in left scrotom
i've just been to an ultra sound test and they said it's just sists that sometimes occour around the tubes, there nothing to worry about and said it is common, i would check yourself out just to be sure though
|

replied December 11th, 2009
possible diagnosis a varicocele is a collection of varicose vein
I am 21 and i went to a Urologist to get it checked out. It is called a varicocele, it is a collection of varicose veins of the spermatic cord (the rope-like structure that suspends each testicle). They occur in about 15% of the population. More than 90% occur on the left, 5% on the right and the rest are bilateral. Varicoceles are due to a defective valve in the vein that drains blood from the testicle. They fill by gravity and therefore are not detectable while recumbent but apparent when upright. On examination, the lesion feels like a bag of worms. Small varicoceles may only be detected by imaging studies such as ultrasound. A varicocele that does not disappear when lying down may indicate a tumor in the abdomen (but this is quite unusual). Varicoceles are generally painless. Often men present to the doctor with pain in the testicle and the varicocele is discovered at that time. In my experience, the pain is very rarely due to the vairicoele and usually due to prostatitis (an inflammation of the prostate gland). In other words, the varicocele is an incidental and unrelated condition. Varcioceles may cause an infertility problem manifest by lower sperm counts and increased numbers of immature sperm in the semen on analysis. However, the majority of men with varicoceles do NOT have infertility. Of men who have abnormal semen analyses and varicoceles, in about 70% of them, the 2 are related and fixing the varicolele often will improve their fertility. If a teenager or young man with a varicocele has a smaller than normal testicles on that side, there is an increase risk of infertility and many urologists consider this an indication to fix the varicocele surgically.
|

replied November 26th, 2012
From above
Hi I'm 14, I have every thing you posted but my left testical ball is smaller then my right; I am worried and wondering wether I should go to the doctor surgery?
|

replied January 21st, 2010
hey i was 14 last november and i have freaking out about this veiny like thing leading to my left testicle and i feel strange it doesn't hurt just looks bloody weird. ?? does anyone have any idea what might be causing it with me to ??
|

replied July 11th, 2012
possible testicular cancer? please help I'm freaking out..
Hey I'm 14 and I feel like I'm having the same problem, my testicles don't have lumps on them I've checked both but on the bottom of my lower one there fills like there's loads of veins, or even like some possible skin on the inside maybe? There's no lumps and I don't get any pain.. Only when I'm wearing tite pants I'll get alittle pain but not much at all... This like bag under my left testicle seems to match what a lot of you are saying, I am literally freaking out!!! I'm so scared and I think it might be cancer? There's no lumps.. Its just the like bags or what ever you guys have all been talking about above, and alittle pain sometimes but normally when I'm wearing tite pants only!! Help!!
|

replied May 30th, 2013
I think I have the exact same thing. My left ball seems to have this bag or something surrounding in that feels like a bag of worms and doesn't hurt at all but now I'm a lot less worried than before. I'm 16 by the way
|

replied July 15th, 2013
I have read what you have all sayed and I kind of have the same thing yet it is not veiny. It feels like under my left testical is a small pancake shaped bag of well yes veins yet they feel a little bit harder than veins. I have no pain. And thank you all for talking it has calmed me down as I have worried and now I see I have no need to I'm 14 by the way as well.
|
Quick Reply