Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

lump still there after antibiotics, high lymphocytes

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
I went to a doctor about a lump on my neck. She said to try an antibiotic first because my lymphocyte levels were high. I took my last dose yesterday and nothing has changed the lump is still there and causing headaches, and now there is a reddish/bruising by the lump. I've been really tired like my energy is just gone and I've been itchy and I don't think it is related but I was told it could be the medicine but I've taking amoxicillin plenty of times and never had an issue plus I've been itchy for a few months. Is there anything I should look into or just keep waiting it out to see if anything changes?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2013
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A45562
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If taking antibiotic has not controlled your symptoms, then consider revisiting your doctor/healthcare provider for re-examination and consider getting FNAC test done to look at the composition of the cells of the lump that you describe. Further treatment options would be suggested based on your examination findings and evaluation results. Avoid self-medication. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.