Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Lump or swollen feeling in my throat

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
over the last couple weeks ive been feeling a sort of lump or swollen feeling in my throat. at first it was on and off.. now it seems to be there all the time. it gets worse when i think about it and tense up or if i sit in a weird position. its not stopping me from eating or drinking, in fact it goes away when i eat or drink but shortly after it just builds up again. I dont know what it is and im getting a scared. i want to go see a doctor but ive heard it could just be stress.. also when i get out of my house and go do things it settles down a bit but as soon as i get back home it starts up so im thinking it might be something in my house thats doing it. I went camping and the whole weekend it was gone or just barley there so i dont know! it almost feels like someone is grabbing my throat, there is no visible swelling so far as i can see.. if anyone has any info please let me know!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2010
I would definitely go to an ENT just incase. It could be serious. You said it only happens in your house. That's weird. If you live with other people ask if it's bothering them. If you live alone I would make sure there's no mold or chemicals or gas or anything like that.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2010
Experienced User
Yeah.. im going to make an appointment. as of right now its not even there at all. ive had my windows open circulating air, and have got back on my allergy medication and it seems to have helped. only time will tell
|