Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

lump on posteria vaginal wall

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
hi i can feel a lump on my posteria vaginal wall up behind my cervix,i think its on my bowel because i feel the lump more when i push like im having a bowel movement,ive had it for about a year now but im too embarrased and scared to get it looked at,i have had small amounts of blood in my stools in the past but never had any for a about 10 months now,the lump didnt seem to get any bigger until recently now it feels a little bigger and its a little painful to touch it im currently 19 weeks pregnant and am experiencing constipation and excess bowel mucus which is clear in color,i dont have any other symptoms of bowel cancer should i be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 26th, 2009
Experienced User
also i get pain in my rectum when i sit on it sometimes but this has only been since i was pregnant
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2009
Community Volunteer
You really need to talk to your gastroenterologist about this.

Whether you can have an colonoscopy while pregnant that I am unsure of. There is a less invasive procedure that can be done to check out your colon...you would still need to go through the prep work to get your bowels cleaned. The downside to this procedure is that no bx can be taken; it's only to look for visual abnormalities. The lump that you feel and you think it is your colon it could be something else and it might be normal. Only a doctor would be able to tell you this.

Make the appointment.

Just by reading your post it sounds like you think that this could be colon cancer. Do know that it takes approximately 10 years for a polyp to turn cancerous. Not all polyps are cancerous; just annoying so by being proactive with your health you should be just fine.

I had a colonoscopy about 2 weeks ago due to blood in my stool; constipation and come to find out...two small harmless polyps...they are now gone.
|