Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Lump on outside of testicle

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
I'm 16 and noticed a small lump that is seperated from the testacle but connected with some small ligaments or veins. I CAN put my fingers in between the testicle and the lump. I noticed it about a month or two ago, but I bet it has been there a while. It is completely painless and I wouldn't even know it is there unless I touched it. I am extremely nervous about going to the doctor or telling my parents. PLEASE reply with some advice. Thanks doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 31st, 2008
lump on testicle
It could be cancer, I would get It checked out
|

replied February 16th, 2009
i have the same problem on my left testacle and have had it for a year now i would love some replies
|

replied February 16th, 2009
The best advice really would be to tell your doctor and/or your parent. I know it's probably not something you'd like to discuss with them, but that's the only way to find out for sure what it is. But don't be too worried, this thing is common. Once I noticed a new mole on my pubis that kind of itched, and it worried me. I made an appointment with a dermatologist, she said it was nothing to worry about, but I had a biopsy done anyway. The results came back confirming what she said, nothing was wrong, but it was a relief for me to be sure anyway.

Just do what you need to do to get an appointment and have it all over quickly. All the best!
|
Quick Reply