Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Lump on neck and static vision

User Profile
I had noticed a lump on my neck on the left side a few weeks ago, and decided it was in my best interest to finally get it check out. So I went to the doctor's today & they told me it was nothing more than a normal lymph node in my neck & sometimes thin people are able to feel them, but after getting home & feeling it again for myself I think it feels bigger than just a regular lymph node. Should I go back to my family doctor? Are there any sort of tests I could get done to rule out lymphoma? I am unsure of what my next steps should be, but I am not satisfied with someone simply telling me there is nothing to worry about, without any scientific evidence. I've also been experiencing what I can only describe as static vision. Could the two be connected?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2009
Lymphoma Answer A6553
If you think that this lymph node is enlarging (and especially if the lump is painless), then some consideration should be given to ruling-out lymphoma, or some other malignancy involving the node (fortunately, the great majority of the time, enlarged lymph nodes turn out to be benign, and the enlargement is a temporary response to infection or inflammation in the body).

If you remain concerned about this lump, then consider requesting a consultation with a surgeon or ENT doctor for further evaluation (hopefully, everything will turn out to be okay).

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.