Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

lump on my scalp very painful to the touch

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
i noticed 3days ago that i have a lump on the center on my scalp/head.. it is very painful to the touch and also hurts when i move my hair or tie it back. when it's touched it feels like it sends the pain throughout my head, and i have been getting bad headaches too.. i am going to go to the emergency room tomorrow, but i would just like some advice as to what this may be! please help! -kayla.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Get728healthy
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2012
also, i have been feeling dizzy/disoriented, and having a lot of confusion.. i will go into a room of my house, and forget what i went in there for..
|

replied March 6th, 2012
hey,imediatly u concern ur dosctor..its not normal sign and its not good,,it could be any thing.thanx
|

replied March 7th, 2012
Experienced User
Lumps are generally continue to enlarge steadily. It might have effected with your intakes like chocolate or coffee. It must be diagnosed with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity by ALCAT Food and Chemical Sensitivity Test.
|

replied March 8th, 2012
no dear it could be risky ..go and see ur doctor.
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2012
ended up going to the emergency room; doctor said he thinks it's folliculitis &that i got it from having my hair tied up too tight. he gave me antibiotics so we shall see if that's what it really is.. &thanks to everyone for answering!
|