Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump On My Inner Thigh discomfort, on touch

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I'm 14 years old and I found this big lump on my inner right thigh. It's not been too long since I discovered it. It only hurt, well not exactly hurt but discomfort, on touch. I'm pretty sure it's not a boil. I wanna know what it is as soon as possible, or at least have some background before freaking out and bombarding into the doctor's office.
I'm going to describe it a bit, before telling you how worried I am. It's hard but tender. It has a shade of red like when you just scratch yourself really hard. It's a size of a marble or a nipple. I don't see any white spots. My thigh is big, but now it has a bump off it and it's really uncomfortable. If any of you know what it is or have similar experience, please tell me. I really hop it's not cancer or a tumor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Im 14 as well, that happened to me too i woke up one morning with rhis big lump thing on the back of my thigh close to the knee. I went to the doctors and she says its either just a gangliem or it could be worse, i went for an ultra sound about a week or two ago and im still waiting for results, so dont worry the worst thing that could happen is surgery which i might have to get. Dont be worried it'll be fine Smile show your mom though thats what i did, and im sure she'll take you to the doctors to get it checked out Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?