Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Lump on left Testicle

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
I have read around about people who have had this an such results that came up were cyst, sperimondal or something, but dont have a straight answer.
I am a 15 yr old boy and on top of my left testicle there is a lump. The lump seems to be attached to the testicle. No pains really occur in that lump and i urinate fine. I have read that it may be the epididimus that i'm talking about, but my right testicle doesnt seem to have this lump. I think i've notice this lump for around 5-6 yrs. I'd like to know what this could be and what could be the worst condition. I am quite embarassed to go to my parents or a doctor about this and would like to know if what i have is serious.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bowasd
|

replied April 18th, 2009
same
hi im 14 and ive had a lump since i was 12. i've got exactly the same symptoms as you even in the same place exactly. and i think that if it was cancer, considering you've had it for 5-6 years i think it would be fairly serious by now. so this is really good news im thinking because im guessing that cncer would spread and after about 4 or 5 years we would be seriously ill or dying. do you have any other symptoms? have you noticed any other lumps on your body at all? because if not then it probably isnt cancer. but dont just take my word for it, go to a doctor and see if cancer can stay at its first stage for so long after; all im not a GP.
also does it shrink if you dont touch it for a while?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2009
cyst on testicle
i am 28 years old and i have a lump on my right testicle.. and it makes it seem larger than the left.. i have no pain by it.. but i had a doctor check it out.. an ultrasound was done.. and i was told that it is a cyst with water/fluid inside of it. if it doesn't bother you.. no worries.. but they can drain the fluid out if u have problems.. u should see a doctor for an ultrasound of the testicle and make sure it is just fluid in there like mine.
|

replied June 6th, 2009
lump on tesicle
rtmalibu was your lump hard or soft,mine is hard its on my left testicle im worried its cancer.
|

replied September 15th, 2009
hi, ive just been to an ultra sound test and they said that i had a sist around my tubes, they said it's nothing to worry about and common, i would get yourslef checked out just to be sure though
|

replied October 28th, 2009
i have a lump on my left testicle near the epidyimus i have had it for 4 years its sends me a aching pain when i touch it any ideas would be great!!!!
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2009
Please don't be worried about seeing a doctor about it. I've been checked twice in the past 2 years and it isn't embarrassing at all. The doctors do this all the time and if it's something you're generally worried about then just go talk to him. He may not even need to inspect your testicles if you explain everything to him before hand.
|

replied September 6th, 2010
I'm 20 and have had the same symtomns for about 7/8 years now. I first had mine checked out when I found the lump and got the all clear on it being a sist. I then went back again for it looked at a couple of years ago, just as a precaution, and all was well again. However, the doctor did say to keep going back every so often in case it enlarged as this could possibly be damaging to the tubes around in the area.

As others have said it seems to be quite a common occurence (embarrasingly for us!). But it is best getting it checked out just to give you peace of mind.
|

replied March 30th, 2011
Testicular Lump
I have had a squishy lump on the left testicle for 7 or so years. When I first noticed it I went to a GP and he said there was nothing to worry about. Last year I had a constant dull ache for 48 hours in the area where the lump still was so I went to another GP and he sent me to get an ultrasound and the woman who did the ultrasound said there was nothing (although she was more worried about controlling my penis than my testicle, eventhough there was absolutely no chance of me being aroused!!!). I have now had excruciating pain for the past 6 days in the testicle where the lump still is and am terrified of what may be. I have been having strong pain killers just to get to sleep at night. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am seeing another GP in 2 days time by the way. I hope I am being paranoid, but this pain has never been present before. I am frustrated that testicular issues do not get given the same medical priority as women's problems, although I do recognise that breast cancer is a much more prevalent disease.
|
Tags: lump
Quick Reply