Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Lump on left side of neck under jawbone and ear

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
The other day I noticed a lump on my neck on the left side right under the jawbone and ear. I measured it and its 2 cm in length and i cant move it. I can move my neck left and right just fine but when i move it towards the right I feel pressure on the left side where the lump is but no pain. I thought for a few days it would become a very bad pimple since I suffer from acne and it was very itchy and still is on that spot but there was never a whit head and it feels too big. There isn't any pain and it feels really hard. Its not on the surface but a bit deeper. I've had mono a few years back and I know what swollen lymph nodes feel like but all the other lymph nodes on the neck, armpits, etc. are fine and not swollen. I have been tiered for a month or so, feelings of depression, loss of appetite somewhat, and nauseated on and off. I basically have no other symptoms. I'm not pregnant, running a fever, or anything like that. I'm 20 years of age and a bit nervous since I've read on some articles that talked about cancer and lumps like this. This year has been unusual for me because I never get sick and I've been on and off antibiotics this year. Also, I had what seemed to be like pnuemonia (but wasn't) a few months back and have noticed some minor chest pains here and there since getting better. If anyone could help, i'd really appreciate it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|