Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

lump on left side of back lung area

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
Dea Sir/Madam, I have a small lump on my back area Lung area to be exact, this lump has become slightly bigger over the last year, I have a cough for years, yes I will be to blame as I have smoked for years since childhood and I am now 43, I dont really want to go to the doctors and would in the end opt out of treatments but I would just be happy to speak to someone here if I could, I have a slight dull ache around this area but that is not present all the time, thanks for your help emma
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2010
It is unlikely that a lump under your skin on your chest is due to lung cancer, unless you have a very, very advanced case of this disease. However, since I cannot examine you, I really cannot offer you any specific advice except, of course, to remind you that you really should quit smoking!

Please see your doctor to have this problem properly evaluated.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lung Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.