Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Lump on left above temple

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had a lump,the size of 1/2 of a golfball for at least30 yrs.on the left side of head .I can move it with my fingers a little.No pain until lately.Also seems to be decending lower to my temple and jawline,with a throbbing pain.My face even seems to be a bit swolen on that side Ihave bottom dentures and only 7 teeth left on top.I have headaches constantly.I am 60yrs old.Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
For how long you have constant headaches?
Where are they localized and what is the intensity like?
Was this lump traumatized recently?
|

replied April 7th, 2008
lump on left above temple
I can't really remember not having a headache for at least 10 yrs starting not long after I wake.It hurtsmostly on left temple ,sometimes,on forehead.Got glasses 5yrs to see if that would help.Not.Lump is same as always.I don'remember when it got there,but it'sbeenat least 30yrs.
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you get daily headaches every morning or you have periods of headache?
Is it always one sided type of headache?
How does the lump look like?
Did the lump changed only in size?
What's the color of it?
|

replied April 11th, 2008
lump on left side of head
I get headaches everyday.Mostly on left side.The lump itself does not feel sore or tender.It is same color as scalp.Size is a bit larger in last 6 months.It must be veryslow in growing,because as I said ,I have had it as long as I can remember.Hair barely grows on it.It actually looks like a ''goose-egg",a knot from being hit on the head.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
what did you find out ? i have same ish.
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you feel the bump as round or oval hard bony mass?

It looks to me that the scalp bump is an exostosis, benign formation of new bone on the surface of a bone without hair growing (extra bone growth on a bony surface).
Exostosis have harmless character, but, any abnormal growth requires professional attention and advice.
The diagnosis is made with X-ray or CT / MRI scan and rarely with biopsy.
It's a good idea to visit a doctor, because, in very rare cases, exostosis are part of clinical presentation of certain genetic syndromes (you need general physical examination by your physician)

Waiting for your post!
|
Users who thank MandMs for this post: mrsmuggreer 

replied June 15th, 2012
my dad had a spot like mine then at 20 i got something like that a hard bump
|

replied February 9th, 2009
brain and head injuries
Im 21 years old male i get very bad headaches mainly near my temple on the left side of my face and sometimes it gets a bit hot and cold in that area, and it can feel like something is running.

any one know what it could be please reply thanks
|

replied February 19th, 2009
my girlfriend has a growth on her left temple. She tells me that she has had it for a very long time and only until recently, she told me that it is growing. She tells me that she has something like a bone tumor, or a growth..I forgot exactly what she called it. Recently she has been complaining on migraines and the pain she feels is in her temple. She has no insurance right. any ideas on what I can do or tell her?
|