Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

lump on index finger joint

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
HI, I have had this lump on my index finger for a while now, I would say maybe 2-3 months roughly? It is on my left hand,located exactly on the second joint (the biggest one) and it doesn't really hurt unless i bend my finger, but the pain is not severe at all. However, it hurts if i try to rub it. The lump kinda sticks out a bit when i bend my finger. So i wonder what this is, arthritis, infection, or even cancer? I am only 19 so i dont think it would be arthritis though. Please help me ! Thank you !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 9th, 2009
Give me some advice please.
|

replied November 10th, 2009
bump
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I think you should go to the doctor and have this looked at. A professional needs to examine it and determine what it is and what (if anything) needs to be done about it. Since it has been there for months, I don't think the wait-and-see approach is going to fix it. Go get it checked out.
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Thank you for the reply. anymore suggestions guys?
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
I have the same thing and I haven''t went to the doctor yet because I can''t afford to go yet. If you go, let me know what the doctor said. Maybe, I have the same thing.
|