Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lump on cervical spine

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have had a lump/bulge directly on the right side of the cervical spine around the C6 or C7 vertebrae. It feels like it is about 2.5 to 3 inches long but not round and branches out to the right of the vertebrae. It has been there for a long time at least a year since I noticed it and lately it has been bothering me quite a bit and feels slightly larger. It's not really painful to touch but more or less bothers me that it is there. I had a car accident 9 years ago in which I my left humerus completely broke in two...I had numbness and tingling throughout my arm, hand and fingers directly after the healing process. The doctor said I developed carpal tunnel from the accident (symptoms are in both arms/hands but much worse in left) but I have always felt like that wasn't what was wrong. Now that I have noticed the lump on my cervical spine I wonder if it could be the cause of my carpal tunnel-like symptoms which have gotten to the point that I can no longer tolerate. Has anyone had anything similar to this or have any suggestions? I will be getting an appointment soon but wanted to get some advice. thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|