Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

lump on ankle

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
hi, i have a hard bone like lump under my ankle bone on my left inner ankle. it doesn't hurt all the time but if i have been on it all day it becomes painful and i can't walk on it for a while. however i have been to the doctors and they just keep giving me pain killers, it has been xrayed and they said it just a bone? and left it at that when it shouldnt be there. i don't know what to do i'm only 20 years old and it can be so painful i can't do anything on it and it just seems to get worse

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
aimeepyrah,

Have you actually been to see an orthopedic surgeon or podiatrist for an evaluation?

There is a condition called an accessory navicular. This can cause a lump in the area you describe. If someone was not used to looking at the x-rays, he may just think that it is normal.

If it is bothering you significantly, see an orthopedic surgeon or podiatrist.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?