Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Lump of Skin on Back of Neck

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hi there, my boyfriend has had a lump on the back of his neck for quite a while now (at least 5 or so months) and it isn't going away.

It's gotten slightly bigger, but isn't currently growing. It's the same colour as his skin but there is a slight discolouration on one side.

He went to his doctor and was told it was just a cysts but we aren't too sure whether to believe him as he has misdiagnosed things in the past. Today it started hurting (before he couldn't feel it) and there was some blood coming out.

this is a picture of what it looked like about a week ago: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3d1tzif Xk1qcnzkfo2_1280.jpg

Someone please help! We are both very worried...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Dear Jenie,
I really think you should seek for a second opinion, as it doesn`t look like a cyst to me. However, I`m not a doctor, thus I cannot judge anything. But please, make an appointment with another derm and find out what is it!
Warmly, Beatriice
|

replied July 28th, 2012
thank you for the opinion ......
it is very useful for me..
Smile
|