Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Lump near my anus

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hi, I have this hard lump by my anus probably the size of a small coin. It doesn't really hurt apart from the occasional twinge. It does not ooze and there is no head on it. It doesn't actually stick out from my skin but I can feel it underneath. I have had it a while and thought it would go but it has not, should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is this formed just to the side of the top crease in the buttocks?
Does it hurt when you press on it?
How old are you?
Are you prone to acne?
|

replied April 29th, 2008
I am a 16 year old female. I am prone to acne and I do get acne in that area frequently. It doesn't actually hurt at all when I press on it and it has no colour.

It is hard to explain where it is, it is between my legs in between my vulva and my anus on the left side.

Thank you for your reply! Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, Gizzy!
Sorry for the delayed post!
I hope you gonna read it!

The bump you have is probably a sebaceous cyst, extremely common growth and probably most of us will have a few over the course of our lives but they resolve spontaneously.
Usually, it is a firm, round, mobile, flesh-colored bump that is painless.
Sebaceous cysts of the genitals are less common, but, can be seen in perineum, the area between vulva and anus.

Has it changed in a meantime?
|
Users who thank MandMs for this post: Gizzy 

replied June 2nd, 2008
Thanks for the reply. It actually seems to have decreased in size since my last post. However, I have developed another more painful lump near the vulva, but I think this might just be a spot? I do get a lot of spots in that area but I don't know if it is something else and if I should be worried?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!

Sebaceous cysts, usually, resolve spontaneously.

Can, you, please, more closely describe the painful lump you have near the vulva?
Is it located in the lips of vulva that cover the vaginal opening?
Does the pain occur with walking, sitting, physical activity, or sexual intercourse?
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
The lump is no longer sore except on touch. It is in the lips of the vulva and the pain was occuring when walking and during physical activity.
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did you notice some drainage from the lump in the lips of vulva?
|

replied July 2nd, 2008
It didn't drain on its own. I tried squeezing it and a little bit of clear fluid came out. It has now gone down and isn't painful unless a lot of pressure is put on it so it isn't really a problem.

Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it!
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Normally, there are small glands located on each side of the opening to the vagina, known as Bartholin's glands.
If a a blockage of one of the Bartholin's glands or it's duct develop, this will lead to a swollen fluid-filled lump or Bartholin's gland cyst.
When infected, the cyst will get symptomatic (pain that occurs with walking, sitting, physical activity, or sexual intercourse; fever and chills; swelling; drainage)

Also, this could be just an ordinary pimple or spot.

Take care!
Marija
|

replied March 24th, 2009
Painful, hard bump near anus
I have a very painful bump near my anus that when I touch it feels very hard and some of the surrounding area as well. This thing hurts when i walk or sit down. I do have problems with bowels movements and hemmoriods as well. I have no medical insurance and do not know what to do.
|

replied January 8th, 2010
What is the bump on my anus?
I thought I had a bump on my anus too. I went in to have a doctor look at it and they thought it was my tail bone. Can you really feel your tail bone at the top of your anus?
|

replied July 10th, 2011
Hi, I just recently discovered a lumb near my anal opening. Two days prior, my anus was sore, just on the right side...where the lump has formed. During this time, it was painful to sit or even use the muscles in this area. Now, the pain has pretty much gone....and the lump has formed....any ideas on what this could be?

I'm a 23 year old male
There is no real pain when I press on it
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Ploo and welcome to ehealth: You could very well have a Hemorrhoid...They will act up every now and then....Really nothing to worry about unless they start bleeding and then the best thing to do is to soak them...If it gets bigger or you get concerned see your physician...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 14th, 2012
Im 15and i have a coin sized bump on the right size near my anus. It hurts when touched and when i am walking. I have had it for about 2days now but it is really adgitating and it hurts. Should i be worried??
|

replied May 1st, 2012
i have a soft lump near my bum hole about 2 inchers away on the soft flesh i have had this for some time and bleeding on and off when i use the loo could this just be heamoroids ??
|

replied May 1st, 2012
i have a soft lump near my bum hole about 2 inchers away on the soft flesh i have had this for some time and bleeding on and off when i use the loo could this just be heamoroids ??
|
Quick Reply