Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Lump inside eye

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
User Profile
A few days ago a lump inside my eye (the White Part) right next to my pupil. I don't know what it is, it doesn't hurt as of right now. Can anyone tell me what it is or if it will affect my eye sight? I also want to know is the lump removable. Please I want help!!!!

J.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2010
Vision and Eye Disorders Answer A9824
A lump or swelling in the white part of your eye could be from either the conjunctiva,episclera or sclera.
If it is an inflammatory swelling it will subside with medication.
If not,it will need surgical excision with biopsy.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vision and Eye Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.