Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

lump in throat

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
basically since around december i have had a sensation of having a lump in my throat. been to the doctors who said it was down to anxiety and due to stress of exams etc i jus ignored it. its now 9 months later and it is continually getting worse, it feels like the "lump" is bigger and when i take a deep breath i get pain in my chest and back of ma throat where i can feel a lump. also when i swallow there is continually a popping sensation which i have had for as long as i can remember.

seen several doctors and had several blood tests, tests for asthma etc and all say i am fine

any ideas???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2008
where at exactly?
Where exactly is your lump feeling? If it's right where you would put a bow tie on your throat, then it could be a thyroid problem. Or it could be acid reflux. But if it's in the back of your throat, then I don't really know what it could be.
|

replied August 14th, 2008
lump in throat
I had that with my hiatal hernia!! They told me it was anxiety!!
Do you have chest pain too? I could not sleep on my left side, my lung and heart felt like it was being pinched. Upper back pain. Felt like a heart attack.
My chiropractor found out I had a hernia and manually pulled my stomach down. Instantly I could breath and the sound of my voice changed too.
|

replied August 30th, 2008
its just above where an adam's apple would be if i was a boy! i have had my thyroid checked and they said it was fine.

yeh i have had chest pain for longer than i have had the sensation in ma throat and the upper back pain, been to doctors about that and they said my chest is fine.
|

replied August 31st, 2008
acid reflux?
It kinda sounds like acid reflux but I'm not sure. People will usually say that it is reflux too quickly.
|

replied September 26th, 2008
as well as that i know have a hard non moveable lump on the back left of my neck just under my hairline. Not painful and when i went to the doctors they said "to observe it"
|

replied October 1st, 2008
Experienced User
You need to get a EGD. This is a very easy test. I had one done last week for the same thing. They look down your throat and give you pictures when it done. I have some redness at the start of my throat from reflux the doctor said. I am waiting for a call to see how the biopsy of this redness turns out.
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2008
I was recently diagnosed with GERD and a hiatal hernia and I have the same feeling when I swallow something. My throat is easily irritated.
|

replied November 1st, 2008
Experienced User
Diet that all
My biopsy turn out to be okay. I just stop nose drops that I was using and changed my diet a little. All okay now.
|

replied November 3rd, 2008
lump in throat
hi ya i have got alimp in my throat i wen 2 the doctors told him that i have painic attacks he looked at my neck and told me i have a lump there looks like ive got an adams apple he booked me appointment at the hospital i had an ultra sound and it is swollen got 2 go and c sum 1 bout it on the 12 november hopefully it will get sorted out and do suffer wiv acid 2
|