Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Lump in side of neck

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
User Profile
Hi!

i have posted this in the lymphoma formum.. i figured it would get more response here. Back in November i had a physical and the dr told me that my lymph node was swollen. I don't really know which one he said but i think it's the ones that swell when you get a sore throat. But it has always been bigger. I used to get strep alot. So i was thinking thats what he was talking about.

But anyways, i started my job as a cna in a local nursing home. One night i came home and was rubbing my neck because i was sore from working. And i noticed a small little bump or somehting in my neck.. it's more towards the back kinda in the middle. But it moves and it's only tender if i mess with it, and believe me i do cuz it freaks me out... But it hasn't grown since i found it and i think it's kinda gone down. But i keep messing with it. So my question is what could this be?? I don't really have any symptoms of anything else. Just my usual winter aniexty. I get that every winter.

I haven't been sick in forever. I usually don't get sick. So doesn't that mean yout immune system works pretty good?? The only thing i can think of if i pulled a muscle or something at work. I did lift people and that kinda stuff. Or i caught something from there and havne't got sick off of it. Or it's a cycst.. I've been looking for possible things and really don't have any symptoms of anything. So if you could help me out here because i do freak myself out over little things especailly to my health. And i've always been good at looking for lumps and bumps and things.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2009
Experienced User
Anyone??
|

replied January 28th, 2009
chill!
It sounds like a swollen lymph node and is normal. There are various glands back there! I get this often and my doctor said it is when your body is fighting off an infection from a cold or maybe from a small cut on the scalp.
It swells to a bit larger than a pea size.

Just visit your doctor to be sure, the internet just makes you more anxious!
|