Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Lump in Neck - not moveable

Hello i have found a hard lump in my back side area of my neck just below my hairline. Its about pea size maybe a little bigger and hard and not moveable.

I first noticed it about 4 or 5 months ago, then it was er very small and could hardly feel anything there, now it has grown to the size it is, and you can even see it now.

I have a dr appointment but i couldnt get in for 2 weeks

IS there any non serious problem that this could be? If it was somthing more serious what other symtoms would i have if any?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2009
I have a similar issue, my lump is just below and behind my left ear. It is very hard, unmovable, and painless. Mine is about one inch by one inch roughly. My primary sent me to see an ENT, she wanted him to biopsy it. But when he felt it, he said that he thinks it feels like a bone. It's that hard. He said that mine could be my top cervical vertebrae protruding out the side of my neck. Which means if it is, then it's not where it used to be. He isn't sure so I have an appt. for a ct scan w/contrast tomorrow morning. That will give him a better look at what it is. As for your question.... weight loss such as 10 lbs. or more, being itchy, constant fevers, painless/fixed,enlarged lymph nodes are signs of something more serious. There are other symtoms but I can't seem to remember them all right now. I have read that some people who have been diagnosed with cancer and lymphomas had NO symtoms at all. It can deffinetly be nothing at all. There are other diseases and syndroms that can cause enlarged lymph nodes. If you are worried, make an appt. w/your DR. I first noticed my lump in Oct. 2008. I waited until March 9th to see a DR. I'm not worried. You shouldn't be. It won't get you anywhere. Just be proactive, if you're not ready to see a DR. watch it and wait. See if it gets larger. If it gets larger than a pea, you should make an appt. I hope I helped a little. Good luck!
|

replied March 30th, 2009
I must've missed the line where you said you had an appt. in 2 weeks. sorry.
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Thanks for your reply
Thnaks for your reply. Mine dont feel like a bone, but feels like its attached under the skin.

The last few days ive had some bad headaches on the left side of my head. Lump is on the left side of neck, not sure if they are to do with each other or not, or maybe im just worrying too much.

I wish the my Dr appointment could get here sooner.
|

replied April 1st, 2009
Same Symptoms
Hello,

I am having many of these same symptoms. I am a 24 year old male. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed a hard, unmovable, and painless lump on the back of my neck on the right side. Having had infections of lymph nodes before, I went to the doctor expecting an antibiotic like I had on previous visits. However, he told me that since it did not hurt, it was probably not infected. He did blood work on me as a test for Mono, and it too came back negative.

However, since that visit a week ago, I have experienced headaches every single day, most of the time confined to the left side of my head (opposite the lump). Also, I am extremely tired all the time, my skin is itchy, and I broke into an inexplicable rash on my face.

I am realistic, and I realize that I could have worked myself into a psychosumatic illness, but do my symptoms seem to warrant further doctors visits, or should I just wait it out? Thanks for your help, and please, let me know how your doctor's visit goes.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
hello my boyfriend lump is on the right side of his neck he thinks it is getting he is 59 we have a dr appt tomorrow
|

replied October 14th, 2010
hi, i have a hard non movable lump on my left side of my neck...i have had it for almost a year. i have really high blood pressure and i am only 21years old. i get morning cold sweats but im not on any medication. I havent been to the doctor but google-ing the symtoms isnt fun. may i get help wondering what it is? thank you
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Hi, i have a 4 yr old female with the same problem. It may take almost 2 weeks to get her in at our gp. If you have any reason for me to take her to a emergency clinic or emerg room, please share what younhave found.
|
Quick Reply