Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump in neck muscle

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Okay, so I found a lump in the back of my neck around 6 months ago. It was about one and a half inches when i noticed it. I went to the doctor and he said it was "a little lymph node- nothing to worry about"

Today, it is three inches wide. I went back to the doctor on thursday, and again "a little lymph node, just ignore it"

I'm tired of that load of bull.

Three inches is not little.

What should i do.

Oh by the way..
the lump is hard. rock hard.
it is under muscle. (lymph node? i think not.)

I'm also feeling run down and tired.
It has nothing to do with infection, sprained muscle, or cysts.

What could it be? and what should I do now?
Im 13 years old.

Thanks for the help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is this lump painless?
Do you feel abdominal discomfort, especially in the left part of abdomen?
Are you experiencing night sweating and body itching?
|

replied September 20th, 2008
Yes, it's painless
I feel some discomfort in the left part of my abdomen.
Its a crushing feeling, and is accompanied by back pain, more at the top of the left part of my abdomen, feeling is worse when i breathe in.
I've got a bit of itching, and i feel a little damp at night, not sure if it's out of the ordinary though.

Thanks for replying:)
please comment back.
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Are you experiencing fever and chills?
|

replied November 10th, 2008
Somewhat yes.
The fevers are sort of intermittent.
Like i have one, and then its gone after a few days, then it comes back.
With that, I do get chills.

Ive also noticed that lately i am a bit more susceptible to infection than usual.

I went to the doctor again and, he said it was nothing. Now he wants me to get a scoliosis series. I dont see why he should because I didn't have this bump all my life, and its not exactly alligned with my spine.

I need answers but a young kid like me is never taken seriously when they say they don't feel well. My mom hardly believes me and accuses me of being lazy.

Thanks for your help:)
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It's been a long time since my last post.
I hope you'll check this new one.
All of your symptoms and your age, are suggestive for a viral infection, known as infectious mononucleosis.
Usually, first sign that is noticed due to this general infection, are swollen lymph nodes in the back of the neck, that can be noticed by other people, too.
According to the time you've first posted, the only symptom you should have now, if you, indeed, had mononucleosis, is an excessive feeling of fatigue.

How do you feel now?
|

replied January 1st, 2009
well i STILL have all the same symptoms.
Ive been tested for mono like, 5 times and plus, i also got an antibody test that came back negative..
|