Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

lump in my lower back close to my spine

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
Ok so i have this lump in my lower back close to my spine, and ive had it for a year and a half now , at first it was the size of a pea , now it is the size of a golf ball maybe bigger. im just a little worried... it gives me pain a lot , sometimes fevers , or no sleep ,headaces , sharp pain a lot , then about a 3 weeks ago i had to go to the hospital and i had cellulitis in my back , on the other side of my lump. And now where i had cellulitis another lump is forming and i have been in lots of pain. Im just wondering if anyone knows what this could be? im a little worried...

- Someone please HELP me out! =/
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Experienced User
Im sorry I have no clue what's going on with the lump./:
I say make an appointment with your regular doctor, and get tests done. The E.R cant do much.
So yeah, make an appointment ASAP, do not miss it.
You want to make sure its not too serious.
Goodluck!
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2011
Experienced User
I'd suggest making an appointment with your Doctor and have it looked at. I went to school for Surgical Technology and from what it sounds like it could be the cellulitis again or a possible tumor DON'T be alarmed not all tumors are cancerous. The best way to find out is test being ran by your physician. The reason behind the pain is due to the area it's in, it's possible it's pinching nerves and cutting off circulation.

Hope this helps! You'll be in my prayers!
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2011
Oka , so i finally went to the docotor.. They dont know what it is, so i have a MRI on friday...
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Could you tell me what the results were or what the lump was? I have a golf ball sized lump near my spine feels like in the muscle and am concerned.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2011
Experienced User
I'm glad you were finally able to go have your results come back yet?
|