Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

lump in jaw bone (Page 1)

Im very worried..i have this large lump on my jaw - bottom right corner - and recently noticed that this side of my jaw is alot bigger than the other, and my teeth are sort of misaligned like the top set are pushed to the left? i doesn't hurt most of the time but sometimes aches this side.
im getting headaches at the back and sometimes front behind my eye this side and my eye the same side is very blurred and getting worse. and it 'seems' like this eye is bulging forward a bit.
my back has started hurting and feeling very weird when i straighten up, and feels like the vertebrae are swollen where it hurts (halfway up/down my spine). i got hit by a car a year and half ago which broke my pelvis but i only got pain at the very base of my spine after this, tho im not sure if this could be related but it doesnt feel like it is.

im really tired all the time but have been like this for ages. and was recently very underweight (due to my own fault) but put some back on..im at about 7 1/2st...now i try to eat alot but dont put on weight and even lose some..but even tho im not gaining (weight) i seem fatter/puffier..very strange.

i just need to know if these things sound like i could have cancer that has spread? could it be allover my body without me knowing yet?

it sounds stupid i haven't seen a doc yet but theres reasons i can't. theres some more symptoms but don't want to sound like even more of a hypochondriac than i already feel. i have quite a high pain threshold but this is getting silly now. im only 22 so feel it shouldn't be cancer, but it could be right? please please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper RandomWebGuy
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTHforum!
For how long you have the lump?
What's the size of the lump?
Is it easily noticeable with eyes?
Have you noticed some other symptoms like frequent urination, excessive thirst and extreme hunger, along with fatigue and losing weight?
|

replied May 1st, 2012
I am having a similar issue, and I recently got a tooth ache, that lasted a few days. it kept me up all night. I have bad dental hygiene.. and i could barely eat anything just because of this tooth, about the time the tooth calmed down, I started my neck was sort of getting sore i guess when i moved it. i have had this lump under my jaw but didn't think anything of it, because i thought it was just a swollen lymph node. Well when I swallow, or move my jaw I can feel the pain specifically in that lump. it seems to be fine if i move my chin or neck area slow. or i mean stretch the muscles around it very slowly. which has made it very difficult to eat.
|

replied July 11th, 2008
i remember feeling a lump a few years ago now, maybe 3-4. my mum felt it too but we didnt think it was anything serious and i forgot about it. but it was tiny then, smaller than baby pea size width, and hardly stuck out. plus my jaw was normal back then. now it is visible especially if i open my mouth. i noticed it around christmas time along with the jaw asymmetry.
its hard to say how big because its not a round ball, its on the corner of my jaw and goes under..making the bone that side much thicker underneath..and the thickness goes right up my jaw. the lumpy bit that sticks out most is probly 2 by 1.5cm width but doesn't stick out very much, more grows into the bone.
i only noticed my weird jaw at xmas but it must have been 'growing' for a long time. this is very much noticeable...both sides of my face look completely different now. esp with the eye thing, its very upsetting and embarrassing. im so ugly now. when i first noticed it i didnt want to go out or anything because if you look at my face properly you'll see it but i try to ignore it.

frequent urination yes. but i had abdominal/pelvic surgery and had a metal plate and pins put in so im not sure if its because of that..it seemed to start straight after that..when i was first starting to walk again. i definitely didn't have it before.
no excessive thirst.
no 'excessive' hunger, but ive been forcing myself to eat alot so i don't really let myself get all that hungry. i just eat when i think i should, like set meal times and try to eat as much as i can but i seem to get full up quicker and stay full for longer.like my stomachs bloated after eating. i guess trying to eat as much as i can could be excessive hunger but its more a conscious thing rather than physiological hunger.

i didnt mention before but ive also found a lump in my throat above my adams apple/voicebox. on the left side,i can only feel half of it but i can move it around a bit by pushing on my neck and it makes a popping sound if i push it a certain way. if i push into the right side of my neck (where i can't feel it normally) it pushes out the left side. if i push onit from the left some of it appears on the right side. its hard and doesnt hurt at all. but sometimes (rarely) i have feeling like ive swallowed something thats got stuck in my throat, faintly, on the right side where i imagine the bottom-right edge of this thing is. and im getting mild sore throats more than i think is normal now.
this is seriously getting to the hypochondriac level now i know but i am not imagining any of these things...wish i was! Thanks for the reply
|

replied February 9th, 2009
its mumps
its mumps mate dont worry, see your gp
|

replied September 24th, 2009
lump in jaw
have your dentist or doctor get a scan of your face/jaw or the whole head. It could be a rare deformity of the jaw which also known as ameloblastoma. I am speaking from experience. One day i felt what i thought was a tooth ache. I left it alone for a couple days until the pain and swelling subsided. Luckily I had already set up an appointment with my dentist for regular cleaning. As she was checking my gums and jaw, she notice something hard in the back of my mouth. She immediately ask me to get a scan/xray of my face. She had asked me to go to a nuerologist as soon as I can so that they check it out. I went as soon as I can. They had taken a piece of tissue for biopsy and got the result after 1 week. I got the news- it's ameloblastoma, not a cancerous tumor but very aggresive in terms of growth. If I had not found out about it- my left jaw would have been a size of a coconut in less than 6 months. I know have a titanium plate jaw (half) and tumor free. Only set back is that there's a part of my left face/chin that is numb. Please go see your doctor or dentist about it.
|

replied October 29th, 2011
How do they do the biopsy I have to get one at an oral surgeon center mine is on the lower right jaw not the gum it is 2cm and it does not move?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2009
Hello. I see you wrote your question over a year ago. I just arrived -- I would like to answer and I hope you will be able to see my answer somehow. No I do not think you have cancer at all. You are not really healthy because of your health problems so see a doctor of course and follow the doctors recommendations. Not mine but I do have some ideas. Lay flat on the floor. That will help to align everything. Food is not really a big deal but nice if you are your target weight. Your teeth are causing the vision thing. Yes and you could have some removed to stop it from blurring. That is what I think only. Talk to a doctor about it too. Good that you have probably resolved alot of this yourself by now.
|

replied May 16th, 2010
i have the same "lump"
I'm fifteen, and i have what sounds like the same lump on the right side of my jaw( its pretty much right inbetween my chin and ear, and it goes around my jawbone. i'm worried about it, yet my mother will not schedule me a dentist appointment, and I'm Extremely frustrated with her. any advice on what i should do? >_<
|

replied May 31st, 2010
Can't you make a doctor's appointment yourself? If not and your mum won't make the appointment for you (have you tried shouting and screaming until you get your way?), phone the surgery yourself and ask advice. Ask to speak to your doctor on the phone. He/she will be only too pleased to help. Some surgeries have a website and you can e-mail them.
You can also ask at school, they must have a welfare person or a school nurse of some kind. They can then sort it out for you.
The longer you leave it the more it will affect you and the more unhappy you will be.
Whatever you choose to do, do it now and get it sorted. You can then get on and enjoy your life.
|

replied May 31st, 2010
jaw
i just recently 'discovered' a lump about the size of a medium size nail in my left jaw bone. it doesn't hurt as much when i push against it. but what do you think it is? should i go to the doctor and figure out what's wrong with it?
|

replied May 31st, 2010
Definitely! Not going won't change what it is. It's likely to be something simple and easily dealt with, but you must find out immediately.
Make an appointment tomorrow.
|

replied June 10th, 2010
A hard lump has appeared in the middle of my left jaw bone, Is this cancer? It hurts when I press down on it. I'm extremely worried and have lost sleep over it.

P.S. I have a great fear of the dentist.
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2012
lump jaw
Have you found a cure because i have the exact same thing as you!! and im only 13!! help me please!!
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Lump- jaw bone / severe chest pain.
i have a a small pea sized lump on the middle of my left jaw bone. it can be painful, and i have also been suffering with extreme pain in my chest. i take rennies thinking it indegestion or whatever but it doesnt help.the pain is so intense i cant move and i hold my breath as best as i can till the pain goes. they are two differant problems but i am only 14 so people obviously think i am being a hypochondriac as i do have a lot of problems anyway. i am going to see a nurse tommorow. i just wanted know if anyone else has had any of these problems? thanks
|

replied May 24th, 2011
Lump in my left jaw
Yes i have at the moment. I am 14 and this lump just developed half way between my ear and mouth and it hurts if i press it and it hurts in my throat if i streach my neck out. My cheek is swollen ? Any ideas what it could be ?
|

replied December 1st, 2010
my 5 year old son has a lump in the middle of his jaw line
My son is 5 years old and when he was 4 i discoverd a lump on his left side of his jaw bone i took him to the pediatritian and she said its nothing to worry about because it moves around and doesnt seem to be attacthed to any thing and that it shouldnt grow but to see the dentist cause it could be a absesed so i did and his dentist said he has no idea what it is but its not any thing to do with his dental to take him back to the docter and basicaly i just feel like im getting the run around and he 5 years old now and the lump has increased in size. it doesnt hurt him but im so scared its something serious.....
|

replied December 22nd, 2010
I have the same exact lump on the left side of my jaw. It's not apart of my gums or anything like that, rather in the jaw area. And it's movable, hard like a ball. And it only hurts when I press down on it because I'm pressing against my jaw bone.

Fortunately my mom being a dentist felt it and said it was most likely excess muscles or bones. Not cancerous. I think it would be cancerous if it were in the gums?
|

replied October 12th, 2011
Lump in Jaw...
Hello. I'm 17, I found a small hard lump in my right jaw, between my chin and ear. It is moveable and it is bigger than the first time I noticed it. It is very painful when touched and I have swelling to the side of my face. I have been to the doctors and they were not very helpful.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
My story
I just wanted to post as I came across this forum post Googling my own symptoms earlier this year. I wanted to post my own story to give people more info. I know this can be terrifying to go through.

I had a small (0.8cm) lump that was completely painless just below my jaw line under my ear. It was quite hard but could move around a bit and didn't feel like part of the bone.

I went to see a doctor who thought it could be a reactive lymph node but was a bit too hard, so he referred me to an ENT doctor. The ENT doc thought it was probably also not a lymph node and suspected a Sebaceous cyst. Without doing a biopsy he said there was really no way to know. His recommendation was just to cut it out and get rid of it, whatever it was. I got a CT scan (second appointment) to give them some mapping of if it was attached to anything else (it wasn't) and then he cut it out in 20 minutes (third appointment). It was almost completely painless procedure, 4 stitches. They sent it off for biopsy and it came back a a sebaceous cyst - not cancerous or dangerous.

There is a method to collect some of the lump using FNA (fine needle aspiration) that would allow for a diagnosis without doing the removal, but for whatever reason the ENT doc thought in my situation it was better to just remove it regardless.

I hope that gives people some ideas about what they might expect going forward with this. The best thing you can do is go in and get someone to check it out ASAP. 4 weeks is really as long as you should leave it, if it hasn't gone away by then get it checked! It's scary but the odds are you're fine... most lumps like this are not cancerous.
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
I just stumbled on this with a google search also. I have a bb sized lump on my bottom right jaw bone. It's about 3" from my chin, again, along the jaw bone. It's been there about 1 1/2 months now. It VERY visible along the jaw from the outside, causing a good sized lump on the skin under where it is. I can't help but mess with it, even though my wife gets on me for doing so. I can get some clear fluid to come out if I sqeeze it hard enough (which is very painful) and the fluid is slightly sticky. Its definatly not an under skin pimple as it would have gone away by now. No matter what I do, it always reforms into the bb sized. If I mess with it, I can get it slightly deform to very, very slightly flatish. However, the center is still round.

I have yet to go to the doc though. I have a neurological problem that has been going on since early 2006 and causes severe stinging in my entire low body, from about just below the waist down. So, I'm trying to not overload him. Sounds like I need to make an appt : /
|

replied February 20th, 2012
jaw pain
Hey y'all! When I was younger I had my jaw expanded to fit all my teeth but I had TMJ (clicking when I moved my jaw) before the expansion. The expansion really irritated my jaw. I've felt neck, shoulder and head pain on and off since. Also I totally relate to the eyes bulging feeling and sometimes they are watery for no reason at all, which is awkward. My jaw of course hurts like constantly. But recently I went to a doctor that specializes in jaw and neck pain. I have a mouth piece that helps me not clench my jaw and I'm experiencing serious pain relief. So, that's what I recommend! A mouth piece, seriously! Good luck you guys!
|

replied May 2nd, 2012
hi my lil boy is five months old and i have noticed he has two pea shaped lumps in the bone on his jaw line one either side of his chin, he has just started teethinghes not in any pain with it tho i just need to know what it is should i be worryd can anyone help!!
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Lymph Node
Everybody do you ever think it could be your lymph node? you have lymph nodes that run down your jawline they it could be a swollen lymph node.
|
12 >>