Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Lump in front of ear

User Profile
I have a lump in front of my left ear at the top of my jaw line. it's pretty prominent and has a dulling pain. its been there for at least two months-maybe more. I also have a lump to the left of my right hip bone. it feels tender and other people can feel it when they put their hand on it. that has been there for a couple of months as well. lastly, i just recently noticed slight pain when i walk-coming from the top of where my right leg begins-closer to my groin area. I felt the area and noticed a small lump. Any idea as to what these lumps might be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2009
Lymphoma Answer A6030

If the lumps do not grow in size and are not attached to the base (easily moving with the skin), then you might be experiencing enlarged lymph nodes. Enlarged lymph nodes usually appear due to inflammation process in the vicinity. The enlarged lymph nodes in the right hip area might be caused by inflammation in the hip area or in the genital area. The lymph node in front of the ear might be caused by inflammation in the ear, face, neck, throat and tonsils.
You might want to visit your family doctor to determine for sure that the bumps are enlarged lymph nodes and to rule out some other more serious conditions. Finding and treating the inflammation will make the lumps disappear.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.