Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Lump between vagina and butt

User Profile
I have spot right between my vaginal area and my butt. It sweels up (no discoloration) but then gets a little painful. I have been trying to feel around to figure out what it is. So far all i can say is it is under neath my skin on left side of me and is in a kinda rode shape? and it goes down to my anus opening or that is sorta what it feels like it does. When it sweels and gets tender and painful I have squeezed and pushed on it. Sometimes I get puss out but this time around I got a bunch of blood out of it some kinda clotted looking. You can feel pressure inside my anus when i do this and the liquid runs out of my anus. Any Idea what this could be or who I should go see about it? I went to mu gyno once and he said he couldn't really feel nothing at the time but I think he sould have felt my back butside to feel it plus at that time it was very small it is bigger right now thanks Julie

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2010
Hemorrhoids Answer A12199
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned with perineal swelling. The area between vagina and anus is called perineum. It cannot be said anything without examination, but it can be a boil, anal hematoma, anal fissure or anal haemorrhoids (esp thrombosed haemorrhoids).Usually fissures and haemorrhoids coexist and chances of it being any of them are more.
You must get it examined from a general surgeon as mode of treatment for all are different.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.