Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Lump between vagina and anus

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
i found a little lump in between my virgiana and anus it dosnt hurt and u cant see it only feel it

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2010
Skin Answer A12053
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. There are a few possibilities which should be entertained in case of a lump present between the vagina and anus. It can be a bartholin cyst (produced due to enlargement of the bartholin’s gland which are present close to the entrance of the vagina. They are enlarged when there’s an obstruction in the opening of the gland and thus there’s formation of a cyst. Another possibility is haemorrhoids (piles). Sentinel pile is another cause of swelling present in this area and is usually associated with anal fissures. A sebaceous cyst although uncommon in the perineal area is an important cause of the swelling.

I must admit that it is not possible to diagnose online and will suggest you to consult a surgeon and get yourself examined for the diagnosis and treatment. This is for medical information only. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.